Archivematica 1.3 and Storage Service 0.5 released today!

Sarah Romkey

Oct 24, 2014, 1:37:50 PM10/24/14
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce that we have released Archivematica version 1.3 and Storage Service version 0.5 today! Please note that this should not be considered a required upgrade. Only new users, those wanting to try out 14.04, or DuraCloud account holders, need this release.

The main changes in this release are those allowing integration with DuraCloud, allowing both hosted and local users of DuraCloud to integrate with Archivematica:

New features: Archivematica 1.3
  • DuraCloud integration with the SS 0.5.0 release
    • Ability to store Archival Information Packages (AIPs) in DuraCloud
    • Ability to store Dissemination Information Packages (DIPs) in DuraCloud
    • Ability to synchronize a local copy with a remote copy in DuraCloud
  • Bug fixes from 1.2.1 release
  • Packaged with ffmpeg 2.4 #7243
  • Ubuntu 14.04 packages available for testing purposes, but not verified for production use
Storage Service 0.5.0
  • DuraCloud integration #7133
  • Ubuntu 14.04 packages available for testing purposes, but not verified for production use
New! Archivematica Dev Tools 0.0.1

Archivematica 1.3.0 is packaged with Archivematica Dev Tools, version 0.0.1. Dev Tools had already been available through GitHub but are now packaged with the release.

Installation instructions are available here.

Artefactual is in the process of updating the Archivematica user and administrator documentation on a new platform and will release 1.3 user instructions at that time. However, there are no end-user changes from version 1.2 so please continue to use the 1.2 user manual. Instructions on configuring the Storage Service to use DuraCloud spaces will be posted in the coming days. In the meantime, please feel free to post any questions to the list.

sam...@willamette.edu

Jan 21, 2015, 2:14:01 PM1/21/15
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Is there any documentation available yet on the DuraCloud integration?   I didn't find anything on 1.3 at https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Administrator_manual

Also, has anyone tried using Amazon's Storage Gateway with Archivematica?  I'm asking because our campus is trying it out for some file services, and honestly the pricing doesn't look that far off from duracloud.  Just wondering what our options are.

Sarah Romkey

Jan 23, 2015, 9:10:28 AM1/23/15
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sara,

We're in the midst of launching a new documentation platform so in the interest of not duplicating our work, our DuraCloud documentation will be made available then. Sorry to everyone who has been waiting for the delay!

I'll let the user community jump in regarding Amazon storage.

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Systems Archivist