OCFL Oxford Common File Layout

claudia...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2022, 11:31:46 AM10/11/22
to archivematica
Hi everybody
I myself am not using Archivematica. We are only a very small digital archive (House of Electronic Arts Basel). However, I would be very interested to hear whether Archivematica  is planning to support OCFL https://ocfl.io/ in the future. OCFL allows to version AIPs and stores AIP changes incrementally. I am asking this question to get a feeling whether OCFL will become a widely adopted standard like bagit.

I am sorry, if you discussed this already. I did not find a conversation about this topic.
Many thanks,
Claudia

Sarah Romkey

Oct 19, 2022, 9:11:08 AM10/19/22
to archiv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Claudia,

That's a great question. At Artefactual Systems we have not yet explored how it might/might not interact with the use of Archivematica. I wonder if any community members have thoughts on this? Has anyone started exploring OCFL in conjunction with your use of Archivematica?

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Archivematica Program Manager