How to go about adding extra tooling for preservation planning

35 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

vinrich...@gmail.com

μη αναγνωσμένη,
22 Δεκ 2020, 4:15:51 μ.μ.22/12/20
ως archivematica
Hi all,

Archivematica already has a lot of open source tools on board, but is there any documentation on how to go about to add extra tools? How to install those on the server and make use of them in the Preservation Planning tab?

I am running Archivematica 1.11.2 on an Ubuntu 16.04 server and I am considering to drop FITS and make use of Droid as standalone tool.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Vin

Ross Spencer

μη αναγνωσμένη,
23 Δεκ 2020, 11:01:11 π.μ.23/12/20
ως archivematica
Hi Vin,

It's a good question.

The Archivematica docs cover what you need to do fairly well, and that might be enough for some folks: here.

Two other examples I like on the forum are:
Disabling FITS itself should be easy enough too. You would just navigate to "Preservation planning" -> Commands (under characterization) -> Disable (next to FITS)

And then follow the prompts. This will disable it for all file formats.

I'd be curious to hear the rationale for swapping in DROID as some of that output should be covered by Siegfried or FIDO. But it sounds interesting. We look forward to hearing how your investigations go and best of luck!

Ross
Απάντηση σε όλους
Απάντηση στον συντάκτη
Προώθηση