Archiving works for Friends and other minor things but not the timeline

Pierre-Alain Gouanvic

Mar 6, 2014, 12:28:30 AM3/6/14
to archive...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I believe your application is extremely important and it makes me so frustrated not to be able to make it fully work. On Windows and Linux, I could not see a difference : both save the same incomplete backup.

So here :
Prerequisites:

- My account appears to be a "vanity" account, meaning that my Fb name (Firstname Lastname) and the adress (facebook.com/firstname.lastname) match.
- The scrapbook extension is not installed.
- I have tried the extension with no other extensions activated.

Behaviour :
- I get the ArchiveFb side bar visible, then
- I click Archive all
- I select various different combinations of options (see below)
- A window says my activity stream will now be expanded. No matter how many unrolls I specify (2, 22, 100 or all (unroll til the end)), the process lasts for a short or longer while but the archive saved is always a single page's length. There's no scroll happening on my wall (but on my friends list etc, YES!, and they all get saved -- but no large timeline/activity stream)

I suspect that it has to do with my name. I have seen an error message (but not each time (?!)) saying my id can't be retrieved or something. If I see it again, I'll make screen capture.

Fingers crossed... hope you can help.

Cheers

Pierre-Alain