My Kata Contribution

Greg Case

May 7, 2012, 10:08:16 PM5/7/12
to ArchitecturalKatas
Hi,

I'm running a Architectural Kata session for my company tomorrow
morning. Here's my submission for a Kata, I tried to keep the
language and formatting similar to the others on the site, but feel
free to wordsmith as needed. I'll post back tomorrow with feedback of
how the event went.

Tweeter Tailor Data Miner Spy
You are developing an application that will be sold to Fortune 500
Companies to monitor their online presence. Users will be able to
create projects that will monitor certain key words. The software
will review Twitter/Facebook/G+/etc for these key words, and indicate
whether customers have a positive or negative feelings to those
products. Software should be able to monitor whether or not a
certain product is trending and send alerts for damage control or
harvest the upside. Users should also be able to handle customer
complaints via CSRs. Reports, Real Time Dashboards, etc.

Users : Marketing Mgmt, CSRs, PR, 20-50 per customer.

Ted Neward

May 9, 2012, 2:55:15 AM5/9/12
to architect...@googlegroups.com
How'd it go? And did you give them your kata below, or did you give them one
of the ones on the site?

I'll add this one post-haste. Do you want any sort of credit for it (like an
email address at the bottom or something)?

Ted Neward
Java, .NET, XML Services
Consulting, Teaching, Speaking, Writing
http://www.tedneward.com
Message has been deleted

greg...@gmail.com

May 10, 2012, 3:41:54 PM5/10/12
to architect...@googlegroups.com
I thought it went very well.  Attendance was low, but we had a great discussion among those that were there.   And everyone agreed it was a good exercise, especially for those that are senior-ish developers looking to gain more architecture experience.  We may try to set up another session for those that couldn't make it.

The kata I gave was not chosen, I printed off a dozen and they were randomly distributed. No credit necessary.

Thanks again, if I run into you again at a conference or something I'll introduce myself.

Ted Neward

May 19, 2012, 2:08:26 AM5/19/12
to architect...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! Glad to hear it.