Kata Ideas Not Loading

in...@michaelkofman.com

Jul 27, 2019, 11:41:18 AM7/27/19
to ArchitecturalKatas
Hey guys, running my first Kata today and the heroku app doesn’t seem to be generating any Katas. I’ve tried on Safari and Chrome using apple mobile devices. If the app is currently down does anyone have a list of ideas I can borrow from?

Sergio-Nabil Khayyat Arranz

Jul 27, 2019, 11:51:35 AM7/27/19
to ArchitecturalKatas
Seems to be back online now

Sergio-Nabil Khayyat Arranz

Jul 27, 2019, 11:53:34 AM7/27/19
to ArchitecturalKatas

in...@michaelkofman.com

Jul 27, 2019, 1:44:53 PM7/27/19
to ArchitecturalKatas
Thank you for the link to a list of Katas.
https://archkatas.herokuapp.com/kata.html still seems to be down. At least not randomly selecting one as it used.

On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 11:53:34 AM UTC-4, Sergio-Nabil Khayyat Arranz wrote:
At least, here
http://nealford.com/katas/

Theodore Neward

Jul 28, 2019, 1:54:51 AM7/28/19
to architect...@googlegroups.com
Neal's list is static, and doesn't do the random-selection.

This was brought to my attention a few weeks ago, and I haven't had time to debug it; it seems that it's a consequence of BitBucket updating their API, and I just need to spend a half-hour or more figuring out what the new API call needs to be. I just haven't had the time to dig into this, given a few other more pressing deadlines. I will try to get to this sometime this week.

Sorry for the bug. :-/

Frank Sons

Sep 20, 2019, 7:19:26 AM9/20/19
to ArchitecturalKatas
Any update on this? Or is the code public so someone else can help with updating the API?

Theodore Neward

Sep 20, 2019, 8:24:01 AM9/20/19
to architect...@googlegroups.com
Should be fixed; I'm using it right now in a workshop in Romania, in fact....

Frank Sons

Sep 20, 2019, 9:00:08 AM9/20/19
to ArchitecturalKatas
Just tried https://archkatas.herokuapp.com/kata.html in both firefox and chrome here in Germany, not loading any kata. I only noticed it, because we were talking about the architecture katas on the software crafting slack and I pointed to the side. This is when others told me it is not loading anymore. If it works for you, that is kinda strange.

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 14.59.31.png

On Friday, 20 September 2019 14:24:01 UTC+2, Ted Neward wrote:
Should be fixed; I'm using it right now in a workshop in Romania, in fact....

Theodore Neward

Sep 20, 2019, 9:03:02 AM9/20/19
to architect...@googlegroups.com
The distinction here is that I didn't actually create the version running on Heroku; the original is at http://www.architecturalkatas.com and that's what I'm using now.

Frank Sons

Sep 20, 2019, 9:12:58 AM9/20/19
to ArchitecturalKatas
Ah ok, strangly the heroku app always showed up first on google and was even mentioned here in the thread. Good to know and thanks :-)
Still sad that I missed you at Jax this year (would have been there as a speaker as well), but got sick so I had to cancel.

Just tried https://archkatas.herokuapp.com/kata.html in both firefox and chrome here in Germany, not loading any kata. I only noticed it, because we were talking about the architecture katas on the software crafting slack and I pointed to the side. This is when others told me it is not loading anymore. If it works for you, that is kinda strange.

aquino...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2020, 11:33:10 AM2/27/20
to ArchitecturalKatas
I think the other problem as well is Neal Ford refers to it as the original. See here: http://nealford.com/katas/

Theodore Neward

Feb 27, 2020, 12:09:41 PM2/27/20
to architect...@googlegroups.com
I didn't know that; I'll ask Neal to adjust the link.