Does anyone know of virtual groups?

Ateeb Ahmed

Jan 17, 2021, 3:03:12 AM1/17/21
to ArchitecturalKatas
Hi!
I'm a fresh BS CS graduate in Pakistan, currently working as a Software Engineer in a bank.
I have recently started learning about designing scalable systems and just learnt what architectural katas are.

Would anyone know of virtual groups that frequently participate in this exercise?

Thanks!

Faisal Naeem

Jan 17, 2021, 8:46:37 AM1/17/21
to architect...@googlegroups.com
Assalmu alaikum Ateeb,

I didn't come across any virtual groups. In october-december Neal Ford did a virtual kata exercise on oreilly.com (which I missed due to conflicts). Maybe I can get a 1 month membership and see how he did it.

There is also live projects on manning.com, seem to be interesting as they are based on a particular concept. not quite katas, but maybe helpful.

wasalam
Faisal

Ateeb Ahmed

Jan 17, 2021, 1:08:44 PM1/17/21
to architect...@googlegroups.com
Walikum Asalam.

Thank you for the information. I have recently encountered Katas and found their purpose quite interesting.
Hence, have been trying to scout out a virtual group to learn more, specially something on Architectural Katas.

Will definitely review both the Oreilly and Manning content. I briefly scanned them and they seem to host a plethora of resources to start with. Definitely a place to learn a lot from.

Once again, thank you for your time and help!

Best Regards,
Ateeb Ahmed.