Data Sets

Tim Spindler

Apr 15, 2020, 8:45:00 AM4/15/20
to archipelago commons
It looks like it is not allowing people to load data sets.  For instance, I looked at creating a record for a data set but I was not able to load the data set because it had a csv extension and that was not allowed.  Is this something for future development?

Thanks,

Tim Spindler
Executive Director | Long Island Library Resources Council
tspi...@lilrc.org | 631-675-1570 x2000
http://www.lilrc.org

LILRC is a member of the Empire State Library Network (ESLN)

Follow LILRC on Facebook Twitter Instagram

Diego Pino

Apr 15, 2020, 9:54:43 AM4/15/20
to Tim Spindler, archipelago commons
Morning Tim,

You can do that right now with a little tweaking of the provided webform. What type of file can be uploaded is just restricted by the upload elements each webform provides, means you can  really upload anything.

Go to structure/ webforms/ and press on the descriptive metadata webform. You will get - lot of tabs, press on Buid. You will see a list of elements, the following step will depend on your needs. Just to try this out select one of the file upload elements (there is one for documents). You will get now a new settings form to the right of your screen where you can set the allowed file extensions. Add csv, docx,  etc using space separated list as explained there. Save and test editing or ingesting an object. Remember that certain webform elements show up/are hidden based on users decisions (like media type). You can also change/tune that on the same upload element settings form on one of the tabs.

Happy to go into zoom mode to guide you through this or even organize a ingest workflow workshop in the few next days

Let me known if this helps

Once uploaded, showing the csv/searching inside eequires some beta3 code we are preparing but allowing people to download it is just a change in one of your metadata displays(twig template) can share a drop in replacement if you want

Cheers

Diego Pino Navarro
Digital Repositories Developer
Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)

Tim Spindler

Diego Pino

Apr 15, 2020, 11:42:25 AM4/15/20
to Tim Spindler, archipelago commons
Thank you! Sorry for the typos, was writing on my phone and small screen and old eyes did not help much. Should say ‘Build’ not ‘Buid.’. There is some general documentation on the webform piece (like the settings form for each element) https://github.com/esmero/archipelago-documentation/blob/8.x-1.0-beta2/imgs/type_webform_element.jpg but also the webform module provides inline (you will see those immediately if you navigate through the menus inside structure/webform some Videos. Those are pretty good and i feel we, as archipelago could follow the steps they did to embed our own.

Will share with you a replacement Descriptive Metadata ‘Twig template’ with instructions on how to replace current one (super quick i promise/no setup at all) by the end of the day your users/people can download all your PDFs/CSV, etc on each Object landing page

Take good care and thanks again

Diego Pino Navarro
Assistant Director for Digital Strategy

Metropolitan New York Library Council