Data Repository Infrastructure for Prosopographic Data - Seeking Applicants

Bryan Brown

Jul 7, 2021, 12:28:47 PM7/7/21
to archipelago commons

Hello Archipelago community!

We are seeking applicants to a three-day NEH-funded workshop for Data Repository Infrastructure for Prosopographic Data​. This grant funds a three-day workshop to discuss the requirements for a repository of humanities (and specifically prosopographic) data. There is a lack of commonly-used data repositories in the field of the humanities, which decreases the sharing, discovery, and reuse of our data. The repository we hope to build would be based on existing subject and data repositories, but customize them for holding and sharing data about historical persons. In order to figure out what it would take to build such a repository, we are convening experts from across multiple fields (digital humanities scholars, metadata experts, librarians, and repository developers) to approach this issue from multiple angles. What features do humanities scholars need when uploading and sharing their data? What existing metadata standards can we use to increase discoverability? What concerns are there for infrastructure and sustainability?

Participation involves traveling to Tallahassee, FL and attending a workshop tentatively scheduled for October 4-6, 2021 with about 10 other participants. Funds for travel and lodging are generously provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities.

To apply, please fill out the following Qualtrics form by July 15 at 11:59 EST: https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8eRECuxaVfDL2Yd

For more information on this project and the workshop, visit: https://prosopreponeh.github.io. Please direct any inquiries to Sarah Stanley at scst...@fsu.edu.