Archipelago Summer Highlights & Community Workshops Survey

Allison Sherrick

Jun 11, 2024, 12:14:36 PMJun 11
to archipelago commons
Hello Archipelago Community!

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying the early summer season so far!

Checking in today to share a few Archipelago highlights and the link to our Community Workshops Survey.

First up, please be on the lookout for the upcoming Archipelago 1.4.0 Release. Diego and I are working to prepare and package the next latest and greatest release by the end of June. We will share an updated Archipelago roadmap, documentation guides, and full release notes later in June.

Second, we will be hosting a series of Archipelago workshops over the upcoming months. Please fill out this survey: https://forms.gle/jwhbqb3DLk9YCmaaA to share your preferences (and ideas) for potential Archipelago related community workshops. This survey will be kept open for two weeks, so please share your responses by Friday, June 21st at 5pm EST.

Next, sharing some links related to the recent IIIF Annual and Open Repositories presentations given by myself, Diego, and Archipelago community members from SDSU last week:
1.) IIIF Annual 2024 presentations (slides - Allison):
- Recordings of the IIIF Annual presentations will be made available on the IIIF Youtube channel in the upcoming weeks.
2.) Open Repositories:
- Slides for the presentations by Diego (“Hybrid ML/AI driven search as cataloging aid in Archipelago Commons” & “Creating a better balance: the need for tools and practices to combat AI harvests and resource flooding in repository environments”) and SDSU (“Collaboration Across Borders”) will be uploaded to the Open Repositories Zenodo in the upcoming weeks.

Once the official IIIF recordings and OR slides links are made available, I will update the Archipelago Presentations & Events page will all the info. We had a great time meeting up with some of you during the conferences, and hearing about the great work being done by others in our shared wider repositories and digital humanities communities.

Speaking of our wider shared community of practice, we wanted to share the link to the Archipelago Commons page on the IOI InfraFinder tool. We are thankful to the IOI team for all of the wonderful work done to create this tool for us all to reference.

Thanks for your time everyone! Enjoy the June blooms in all your respective realms!

Allison
--
Allison Sherrick
Digital Projects and Services Manager

Allison Sherrick

Jun 20, 2024, 7:30:32 AMJun 20
to archipelago commons
**Reminder to please fill out the Archipelago Community Workshops Survey before it closes at 5pm EST tomorrow, June 21st.

Thanks and have a great day all!

Allison
--
Allison Sherrick
Digital Projects and Services Manager
Metropolitan New York Library Council

Allison Sherrick

Jul 15, 2024, 3:23:35 PM (12 days ago) Jul 15
to archipelago commons
Hello and happy Monday everyone!

Thank you for your responses to the Archipelago Community Workshops Survey.

We are happy to announce the Summer Workshop Series we'll be holding in August. Please join us for the following sessions:

Session 1: Archipelago 1.4.0 Local Deployment & Features Tour
Date: Tuesday, August 6th
Time: 10am - 11am EST
Description: Join us for a walkthrough of an Archipelago 1.4.0 Local Deployment and a quick tour through some of the new and updated features baked into the latest release.

Session 2: Review of Display/View Modes and Strawberryfield Formatters
Date: Tuesday, August 13th
Time: 10am - 11am EST
Description: Strawberryfield Formatters are one of key tools powering Archipelago's display and rendering of your repository assets. In this session we will review Archipelagos default Strawberryfield Formatters and Display Modes, and discuss how you can adjust these to your own display preferences and needs.

Session 3: Search & Solr Overview plus Strawberry Keyname to Facet Block Walkthrough
Date: Tuesday, August 27th
Time: 10am-12pm EST
Description: You voted, we heard you! Join us for a two hour long session dedicated to Archipelago's Search & Solr setup. After the first hour focusing on the nuts and bolts of Search and Solr, we will take a short break and then resume for a live walkthrough of the Strawberry Keyname Providers to Facet Block process, following step-by-step with our related Archipelago documentation guide.

We will be recording these sessions and making them available afterwards.

Please reach out to me directly if you encounter any issues registering for the above events.

Thanks & have a great day all!
Allison