WebRecorder + Archipelago Workshop May 25th 2021

dp...@metro.org

May 19, 2021, 1:52:11 PM5/19/21
to archipelago commons
Cross posting!

Hello!

Some cross community announcements. The Amazing https://replayweb.page /https://webrecorder.net team lead by Ilya Kreymer and the so-so but caring Archipelago team will do a joint Session on web recording/archiving/ingesting into Archipelago/cataloging workflow showcase using both projects and the intersection next week. From capture/recording to cataloging/metadata enrichment/uploading, viewing inline, searching and enjoying! WARC to rich WACZ.

This has been announced in social networks and Slack for a while but not all of you are so much into Twitter (I get it, so much scrolling, so much everything)

Its a very interesting and trending topic and has also long term sustainability implications (and solution(s) in this case) of College/University and Special project’s websites that normally can not be managed once funding is over but can still live side by side in your repos and be found/explored and enjoyed.

Date: Tuesday, May 25th, 9am-10:30 PST / 12pm-1:30 EST / 16:00-17:30 GMT

Please share this if you can and/or join us, pretty sure you will have fun and you will also learn new things (and we too from you)

Please feel free to share with your metadata/archivists/activists/catalogers/friends/family and students. Everyone is welcomed!

Cheers

Diego