Webarchives, webreplay, archipelago and the state of things

dp...@metro.org

Jun 25, 2020, 6:01:43 PM6/25/20
to archipelago commons
Hi, long day so will make this short

We are on release days but will also stop by to show(off) some live, just baked advances on Web Archiving (Q2062069) serving, play/replay/embed and mix with the amazing lead collaborations including code, data, metadata provided by Sumitra Duncan and Ilya Kreymer, Giancarlo testing, me doing some archipelago code integration and  also showing off.

Here is a demo Object provided by Sumitra using the code we pushed las night
(you can use your browser back and forth buttons in case you get stuck in the webpage inside the webpage)

And here is the live discussion/code happening

Tomorrow we will have some more code incorporating streaming improvements (less waiting for download to happen) that Ilya made today and also better metadata profiles for the worldcat record coming from Sumitra + some schema.org metadata. Giancarlo is testing to make sure this all runs everywhere! This is just a great collaboration, makes me specially happy since it took us little effort to get it going. Its a joy to code in Archipelago! (i went to far, sorry, just so fun)

Please let us know how performance goes, tell us your webarchiving stories or just stop by to see the ghost of the past webs.

Cheers

Diego