ADO ingest

Jack Patterson

Mar 4, 2021, 1:58:56 PM3/4/21
to archipelago commons
Hi all,

Happy to report I deployed Archipelago locally and it is behaving much the same as Metro's instance that I'd been using.

I've moved onto the instructions for demo object ingest, and have run into an issue. After entering the docker command, I'm getting a response in the following pattern for all the demo objects:

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.52.01 PM.png

Please let me know if this looks familiar and what I may have been overlooking.

Best,

Jack P.
NYARC Web Archiving Fellow

Diego Pino

Mar 4, 2021, 2:13:08 PM3/4/21
to Jack Patterson, archipelago commons
Hi Jack. Great! About that issue, can you double check/make sure this command of the deployment instructions did run correctly? RE: https://github.com/esmero/archipelago-deployment/blob/1.0.0-RC1/docs/osx.md

Step4:
docker exec -ti esmero-php bash -c 'drush ucrt jsonapi --password="jsonapi"; drush urol metadata_api "jsonapi"'
You can always run it again. The important bit really is that the jsonapi user has the metadata_api
The result should be (last line):
 [success] Added metadata_api role to jsonapi

role and that role has the permissions to upload files to a special field we have (totally dynamic thing, its just a wrapper) named field_file_drop. You can also check directly inside Drupal as the admin user in the “People” menu, under the json api user (if its there). The Metadata API role will be checked if all went well
And then, if all is OK, inside People -> permissions that Upload to Digital Object file dropbox field permission is checked for that role. All that should have happened via that command (that may be missing or may be copied/pasted wrongly)

Also, if the Demo Objects upload failed, the maybe also the command in Step5 may have failed?

This one
docker exec -ti esmero-php bash -c 'scripts/archipelago/deploy.sh'
Do you have “Metadata Displays” inside localhost:8001//metadatadisplay/list ? If not, then it failed. You can run it again after fixing the user/role issue

If that is not the problem we can try other things. That RC1 deployment, which is heavily scripted (in the literature meaning or scripted), works out if no command/step is missing

Best!

Diego Pino Navarro
Assistant Director for Digital Strategy
Archipelago architect
Metropolitan New York Library Council
PO Box 2084
New York, NY 10108

On Mar 4, 2021, at 1:58 PM, Jack Patterson <jack.b.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Happy to report I deployed Archipelago locally and it is behaving much the same as Metro's instance that I'd been using.

I've moved onto the instructions for demo object ingest, and have run into an issue. After entering the docker command, I'm getting a response in the following pattern for all the demo objects:

<Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.52.01 PM.png>

Please let me know if this looks familiar and what I may have been overlooking.

Best,

Jack P.
NYARC Web Archiving Fellow

Jack Patterson

Mar 4, 2021, 6:41:32 PM3/4/21
to Diego Pino, archipelago commons
Perfect! Thanks very much, Diego – all successful.
I especially appreciate your reminder to execute Step 5 to get metadata displays.

All the best,
Jack
--
Jack Patterson