February 2021 Archipelago Workshops

Allison Lund

Jan 25, 2021, 4:28:51 PM1/25/21
to archipelago commons
Please join us for these upcoming free, open, and interactive Archipelago workshops. Bring your questions, use-cases, workflows, and repository dreams as we demonstrate and explore Archipelago’s Docker deployment and functionality pathways.

Session 1: Deploying Archipelago 1.0.0-RC1
Session 2: Metadata, Schemas and Media in Archipelago
If you would like to receive a direct invite with calendar link for these sessions, please let us know and we will be happy to send your way.

Thank you everyone! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Allison Lund

Feb 3, 2021, 1:30:48 PM2/3/21
to archipelago commons

Thank you very much to everyone who attended today's workshop on Deploying Archipelago 1.0.0-RC1. We appreciate you taking time from your busy schedules to participate.

If you were unable to attend and/or would like to view the session recording, please reach out to either myself or Diego directly.

Please also do not hesitate to reach out through any communication channel you are comfortable with (this group, direct emails, GitHub, telepathic wavelengths, etc.) if you have any Archipelago-related questions.

Thanks again, and hope to see you at next week’s workshop on Metadata, Schemas and Media in Archipelago!

dp...@metro.org

Feb 9, 2021, 6:32:58 PM2/9/21
to archipelago commons
Just a tiny reminder that we have a hands on (and exploratory) session tomorrow (Wednesday, February 10th  ) about metadata, schema casting, media display and workflows. I plan on showcasing a lot of real live repo work and hopefully not a single slide(but can't promise). 10AM EST time. Hope to see some of you around and we will (if everyone is OK) record the session too. Bring your use cases and questions!

Hugs

Diego

dp...@metro.org

Feb 12, 2021, 4:07:55 PM2/12/21
to archipelago commons

Hi, a late Friday post about workshops. First, thanks to everyone that came to the last one. It was an amazing and diverse group and it makes us very happy to see how the community (and the curiosity) is growing organically.

The next 2 workshops are going to be about: Twig templating and Public Metadata Schema exposure. We are waiting for a few UX enhancement to the Twig template (Metadata Display Entity) editor interface to be pulled before announcing the new dates (enhancements that will greatly enhance the learning exercise and also make all waaayy more obvious). A subsequent one will be all about Batch Importing and exploring AMI deeper. From Google Sheets to direct upload of assets to the S3 to presenting import strategies and exposing them as simple "upload a CSV" and submit for non admin users. That one will also include deeper insight on Strawberry Runners, HOCR, File transmutation, background processing and some newer options we are evaluating here. After that, if you all are still around a third (and special one) about data migration strategies. Moving old assets, JSON-ifying, LoD reconciliation, Solr data, OAI sources into Archipelago friendly Digital Objects.

If anyone has ideas, needs, curiosity, etc about any other aspect, please let us know. And also, please, let us know how we can make these presentations better.

Big hugs to everyone and have a lovely weekend (if you are in USA a long weekend)

Best!

Diego Pino