I am missing a step with my Metadata Display

Zachary Spalding

Dec 11, 2020, 12:34:54 PM12/11/20
to archipela...@googlegroups.com

I seem to be missing a step with my metadata display and I am hoping someone can see what I missed.

1. I have a display called Empire ADC Fiding Aid Display Template.   It is created and in https://archipelago.senylrc.org/metadatadisplay/list

2. I have a content type called EmpireADC Finding Aid with a display called Empire ADC Public Display, and the strawberry field has my Empire ADC Display Template selected.

3. My content has the display setting to the Empire ADC Public Display

But when I try to view my content at https://archipelago.senylrc.org/do/2fd7e116-e537-4a08-8f7f-b977f2796d17/metadata/ EmpireADCFidingAidDisplayTemplate/test.xml

It does not work, I am just not sure where I am missing a step.

Thanks

Zack

--
Zachary Spalding (he/him/his)
Systems Manager

Phone: (845) 883-9065 ext. 111
www.senylrc.org
Like us on Facebook! facebook.com/SENYLRC
Follow us on Twitter! @SENYLRC

dp...@metro.org

Dec 11, 2020, 12:55:50 PM12/11/20
to archipelago commons
Hi Zack

1.- So that template generates XML. Its correctly mapped to that.
2.- This step is correct if you want to display in when looking directly and object, e.g at  https://archipelago.senylrc.org/do/2fd7e116-e537-4a08-8f7f-b977f2796d17. Remember that a single Content Type can have multiple Display modes, so if you have that, and you want it to be used in every, you need to make sure you assign the correct formatter/metadata display template as config for each mode. But, here is an important point. Displaying an XML document inside the HTML will make little sense. So probably you won't see it all.
3. OK. So means Empire ADC Public Display is using that template. Still, it is XML, so may not render visible

This may be your missing step.

To use your template as an independent endpoint (and you already have a few) you need to go to https://archipelago.senylrc.org/admin/config/archipelago/metadataexpose. (also named Configure Exposed Metadata Endpointsand be explicit about that.
Each endpoint has its own machine name and its own configuration where you select which Content Types will have it enabled, what template you will use. And the last part (test.xml) will dependent on how the template you created has the actual output type configured.

Look at how your other endpoints are configured so you can test.

Conclussion: templates as display v/s templates as endpoints have their own configuration, and for good reasons.

Hope this helps!

Best

Diego Pino

Zachary Spalding