Anyone willing to share some demo Digital Objects, assets, metadata, dreams and collages for our new Archipelago Beta3 deployment?

Diego Pino

Jun 30, 2020, 3:22:13 PM6/30/20
to archipelago commons
Dearest friends,

This is a quick call to arms or more like a humble request for help. Now that we have some batch ingesting and i have almost all the code ready for Beta3 (i know i have been telling folks this for days, but its a precise and dangerous operation and i can not make mistakes, patience!) wonder if any of the users/lurkers/friends and aficionados in this forum would be willing to share one of a few Demo Objects/Assets/examples with metadata (any schema, archipelago can deal with it) we as community could use (so make sure its CC, you have the rights or was written/published, 3D Scanned in 1719 and no ones is getting mad because you are sharing it) to help people deploying Beta3 via docker get their imaginations kickstarted and test some looks and interactions out of the box immediately after the long and windy 20 minute process (includes coffee) of deploying everything?.

Basically we would want to have one demo collection with one Object viewer or rdf type

Types right now are (but not limited, so feel free to suggest/provide more) to anything in schema.org but also some extras: examples

- Panorama and or  Panorama Tour (so 2 panoramas with hotspots)
- Videos
- Photographs (can be a single ones or a series)
- Podcast/ Oral History/Interview/audio recording
- Data (like zip with some CSV or genomic sequences..)
- A small book? (no 1000 pages for the demo)
- Some PDFs/magazine publications
- 3D Models (STL, mesh, OBJ)
- WARC files. That geocities page of your first book club or that other myspace page of your punk band!
- Variations: postcards, posters, mixed media, music, performance with video/audio and poetry.

We have a tight deadline for beta3 and this idea just came to me, super late. Still a few git merges away because of perfectionism but i feel it needs to go out before the end of the week or even tomorrow. So anything you can share now is good, later is good to. We have a lot here locally we can use but it would be great if we can decorate this tree with contributions from different sources, more colors and lights. Again, this can also come late and be included in first stable release, by the end of July (first week of August). Every contribution will be credited, attributed and danced to.

You can also contribute directly something to play.archipelago.nyc (get an account there) and we can then just take it from there. So many fun choices.

Thanks a lot

Sincerely

Diego Pino
Metro.org