[Archetype JavaScript Framework] Archetype 0.10.0 is out !!!

1 view

TeMs@

Apr 8, 2009, 1:25:35 PM4/8/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
At first, we thought that the 0.9.3 would be the latest of the 0.x series, but our standard for features and quality are very high. So, we decided to wait for our "compiler" and some major improvement on components to be ready, well tested and with a stable API to throw the 1.0.

So, after some months of development (started around the 1/20/2009) and after more than 200 commits, 0.10.0 is here !

Here is the change log :

- Archetype engine abstraction (aka jQuery support !!!)

- New Maven website enriched with Archetype !

- Complete documentation!

- Switch to Dojo unit test engine: Dojo objective Harness

- Archetype.charset now defines the script charset (in order to ensure there is no bug with IE6,
if you want to change this, please add the charset variable in the Archetype namespace in archetype.js itself)

** Bug

* [AJF-69] - Make script charset configurable
* [AJF-72] - Event with null data doesn't work with Prototype engine

** Improvement

* [AJF-13] - Switch to another JS Unit Test framework
* [AJF-70] - Improve Maven website
* [AJF-73] - Replace custom event library by engine native implementations

** New Feature

* [AJF-10] - A real Documentation
* [AJF-63] - Run Archetype on top of jQuery

Known bugs:

- You may experience some troubles using firebugLogger and IE 8 developer tools or Opera Dragonfly
- Due to a bug in Dojo objective Harness, unit tests for Safari 4 aren't conclusive

--
Envoyé par TeMs@ dans Archetype JavaScript Framework le 4/08/2009 05:52:00 PM

Francois

Apr 9, 2009, 9:19:23 AM4/9/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for this great works, jQueryEngine, the new website and more rocks !

I have one problem with archetype's unittest (it's my obsession ;))
because we cannot test Archetype in different environnement, one with
prototype and one with jquery.

I have added one parameter for specify the path of configuration file.
I'm not very happy for duplication of archetype config file but I
doesn't find another solution. UnitTestPagejQuery.html test Archetype
with jQueryEngine and UnitTestPagePrototype.html with PrototypeEngine.

I also fixed on bug on jQueryEngine with toQueryParams() method.

My repository is available here http://bitbucket.org/francois/archetypejs/

Regards,
François

Florian Traverse

Apr 9, 2009, 10:22:32 AM4/9/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Hi François !

Glad to have some of your news :)

We're planning some big unittest improvements for next big revision (probably 1.0). You make a point : how can we override locally a global configuration such as the engine one?

We've implemented 90% of a better solution than duplicating the configuration itself : the archetype.js script parameters! already used for page controllers, a better solution than multiplying configurations would be to geenralize this to any configuration.

So we'll probably pull your work but move the configuration override to this kind of solution :)

Francois

Apr 9, 2009, 10:49:12 AM4/9/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
I have improved my code with your comments. This changeset
(http://bitbucket.org/francois/archetypejs/changeset/b73e20e3a5e0/)
allow to override engine, templates and logger locally via script
parameters. This remove duplication ! ;)

François

Florian Traverse

Apr 9, 2009, 12:41:14 PM4/9/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
That's great ! I've reviewed it and it's as simple as efficient :)

Thanks, this will be merged tonight in the 0.10 and 0.11 branches :)

Florian Traverse

Apr 9, 2009, 7:35:34 PM4/9/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Merged and commit among some small enhancements of the homepage :)

Florian Traverse

Apr 11, 2009, 9:57:05 AM4/11/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Your latest patchset has been merged too, it's great :)

Florian Traverse

Apr 11, 2009, 9:59:16 AM4/11/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Have you any plan for further development ? I think were pretty ok to give you direct access to committing on the development branch too :)