bugtracker down

François

Jan 7, 2009, 7:38:05 AM1/7/09
to Archetype Javascript Framework - User Group
Hello,

Actually http://bug.archetypejs.org/ is down.

It's planned to back online ?

François

Florian Traverse

Jan 7, 2009, 7:54:50 AM1/7/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I hope soon : apache configuration mistake, you can however access it through

http://archetypejs.org:8080/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

We're currently moving the server to another provider, and there is some troubleshoots :-s

Good to know, the current Tip of the Mercurial repo will be the 0.9, we're checking that there is no problem with it at the moment.

Another (great) news: an intern will work with us on Archetype from February for 6 months in order to have a killing 1.0 (with notably auto-bundling for production uses, compression, and more modularisation) :)

François

Jan 7, 2009, 8:10:22 AM1/7/09
to Archetype Javascript Framework - User Group
Archetype 0.9 is a great news, with 0.8 beta I have a bug with
dependencies loading in a particular case. I'm very impatient to pull
0.9.

Good works, thanks for your response and your framework ;)

François

On 7 jan, 13:54, "Florian Traverse" <florian.trave...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Yes, I hope soon : apache configuration mistake, you can however access it
> through
>
> http://archetypejs.org:8080/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa
>
> We're currently moving the server to another provider, and there is some
> troubleshoots :-s
>
> Good to know, the current Tip of the Mercurial repo will be the 0.9, we're
> checking that there is no problem with it at the moment.
>
> Another (great) news: an intern will work with us on Archetype from February
> for 6 months in order to have a killing 1.0 (with notably auto-bundling for
> production uses, compression, and more modularisation) :)
>
> 2009/1/7 François <franc...@2metz.fr>
>

> > Hello,
>
> > Actuallyhttp://bug.archetypejs.org/is down.

Florian Traverse

Jan 7, 2009, 8:12:46 AM1/7/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Could you detail the dependency problem ? I think it's already corrected however it would be good to check it :)

François

Jan 7, 2009, 8:39:19 AM1/7/09
to Archetype Javascript Framework - User Group
I'm working for provide a simple test case this evening.

On 7 jan, 14:12, "Florian Traverse" <florian.trave...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Could you detail the dependency problem ? I think it's already corrected
> however it would be good to check it :)

Florian Traverse

Jan 7, 2009, 8:41:53 AM1/7/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, we would like to do some unit test for 1.0 (when we'll have found a good framework for it), and your test case may become part of it in order not to get the problem again :)

François

Jan 15, 2009, 12:41:20 PM1/15/09
to Archetype Javascript Framework - User Group
Hi,

After some tests, my bug only appears with the 0.8-beta. With lastest
version in Mercurial Archetype.requireComponent() load dependancies
perfectly.

But in Archetype.unitTest.testComponents,
testRequireComponentWithCallbackByUmmRealPath failed. Firefox warn
me : unresponsive script

Without callback Archetype.requireComponent() work correctly. I don't
understand why.

Help welcome ! ;)

François

On Jan 7, 2:41 pm, "Florian Traverse" <florian.trave...@gmail.com>

Florian Traverse

Jan 15, 2009, 4:52:20 PM1/15/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Briefly discussed with Swiip:

Seems to be a little problem in the unit test, we have to check it :)

Matthieu Lux

Jan 16, 2009, 4:23:52 AM1/16/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I checked the unit test. I'm sorry, the test was written with the theorical functionnalities of this method but it was never fully implemented.

You have two ways to use this methods :

var url = $U("Archetype.unitTest.
components.testComponent");
Archetype.requireComponent(url);
--> This will instanciate a single testComponent with no parameters in the constructor.

If you will to add parameters, you have to use this ugly notation :
var url = $U("Archetype.unitTest.components.testComponent");
Archetype.requireComponent(url, function(){
            new Archetype.Component.get(url)(myParameter);
}.bind(this));
--> The problem is that any parameters are passed to the callback function, so you have to find it in the component memory.

We already noticed this problem : http://bug.archetypejs.org:8080/jira/browse/AJF-40
I think that this will be one of the first tasks of the work for version 1.0.

Swiip

François

Jan 19, 2009, 1:30:42 PM1/19/09
to Archetype Javascript Framework - User Group
Hi

I have attached a patch in the bug.

http://bug.archetypejs.org:8080/jira/browse/AJF-40

Now unit tests pass in Archetype.unitTest.testComponents

François

On Jan 16, 10:23 am, "Matthieu Lux" <matthieu....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I checked the unit test. I'm sorry, the test was written with the theorical
> functionnalities of this method but it was never fully implemented.
>
> You have two ways to use this methods :
>
> var url = $U("Archetype.unitTest.components.testComponent");

Florian Traverse

Jan 19, 2009, 2:37:11 PM1/19/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
The 0.9.0 package is currently available here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/archetypejs/

2009/1/19 Florian Traverse <florian....@gmail.com>
Hi!

Good Job, thank you ! :D

The diff is great, however a patch queue or a pull request from your own repo would have even been better, we use a DVCS, so don't hesitate to use one of it's main advantage: fork the repo, hack your way, and when your happy, do a pull request ;)

In Bitbucket, you can fork a repo by clicking on the "fork" button of the repo, once logged in. E.g.: http://bitbucket.org/temsa/archetype-prototype-16/fork/ . It will send us a mail in order to warn us that you have made your own repository. When you are happy with your hack, just then do a post one this mailing explining what it does then do a pull request on your repo and we will most probably merge it with the tip (don't forget credits!) :)

We have to decide if we release a 0.9.1 just for this (I think this can be done tomorrow, now the release process is very simple), as we (well in fact it's just the awesome Swiip alone ;o) ) have released the 0.9.0 package in the early afternoon.

We will update the website in the next few days (most likely tonight or tomorrow) to reflect the new release documentation :)

Regards,
Florian (Temsa) Traverse

Florian Traverse

François

Jan 19, 2009, 4:22:17 PM1/19/09
to Archetype Javascript Framework - User Group
Hi,

Thanks for you feedback. ;)

I just push my stuff in http://hg.2metz.fr/archetypejs/

It only include my patch + maven stuff

François

On Jan 19, 8:25 pm, "Florian Traverse" <florian.trave...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Good Job, thank you ! :D
>
> The diff is great, however a patch queue or a pull request from your own
> repo would have even been better, we use a DVCS, so don't hesitate to use
> one of it's main advantage: fork the repo, hack your way, and when your
> happy, do a pull request ;)
>
> In Bitbucket, you can fork a repo by clicking on the "fork" button of the
> repo, once logged in. E.g.:http://bitbucket.org/temsa/archetype-prototype-16/fork/. It will send us a
> mail in order to warn us that you have made your own repository. When you
> are happy with your hack, just then do a post one this mailing explining
> what it does then do a pull request on your repo and we will most probably
> merge it with the tip (don't forget credits!) :)
>
> We have to decide if we release a 0.9.1 just for this (I think this can be
> done tomorrow, now the release process is very simple), as we (well in fact
> it's just the awesome Swiip alone ;o) ) have released the 0.9.0 package in
> the early afternoon.
>
> We will update the website in the next few days (most likely tonight or
> tomorrow) to reflect the new release documentation :)
>
> Regards,
> Florian (Temsa) Traverse

Florian Traverse

Jan 19, 2009, 8:01:05 PM1/19/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Hi François, I've merged the tip with your branch, and enhanced some of your code \o/

I'm really happy that the callbacks now get the component in parameter, thanks to you !

I've also tried to manage correctly synchronous XHR with require (their should be a new bug starting from 0.8 beta), however this does not work at the moment (at least in file:// mode in Firefox on linux on my netbook :P)

The new tip of the project has moved here : http://bitbucket.org/Swiip/archetype-javascript-framework/ (however I've synced the old prototype 16 branch with it tonight).

I predict a 0.9.1 soon :P

Temsa