Fwd: Archetype 0.10 is out !

1 view

Florian Traverse

Apr 10, 2009, 3:55:02 AM4/10/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
FYI...

Cross the fingers !

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Florian Traverse <florian....@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/4/10
Subject: Archetype 0.10 is out !
To: ajax...@ajaxian.com

Hi Ajaxian people !

We're pleased to announce that Archetype 0.10.0 is out ! If you don't already know it, Archetype is a framework that aims to improve coding experience on the client side by providing structure, readability and flexibility. The framework has already been pointed out here via the SixRevision "10 most promising framework" article.

What brings 0.10.0? First of all, a lot more documentation ! The biggest evolution is probably "engine" abstraction: since 0.1 we were relying on Prototype as a basis for everything... Now we support via a common API jQuery too as an alternative!!! Using this "engine" abstraction, you can use the power of Prototype collections (used a lot in Archetype) together with jQuery richful features and plugin ecosystem, or write some components compatible with any of those libraries.

With 0.10.0 we are also preparing for 1.0 with a UnitTest framework change (Dojo Objective Harness) for our test to be automated in our continuous integration cycle.

Stay tuned on http://blog.archetypejs.org for more news about Archetype, and if you haven't tried it yet, go download it and start the tutorial at http://archetypejs.org !

Cheers,
Florian Traverse & Matthieu Lux

P.S.: You may be interested to see a website fully made with Archetype with JavaScript _only_ rendering and no page at all that runs on most browsers including  mobile browsers (Mini Opera, iPhone, Android  too !): http://gifteer.com

Oble Frédéric

Apr 10, 2009, 3:59:57 AM4/10/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com

Well done !