[Archetype JavaScript Framework] Slidy wasn't working on archetypejs.org, why ?

TeMs@

Feb 3, 2009, 4:46:34 PM2/3/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to our new intern, Arnaud, aka Zed, which is starting to work on Archetype in order to help us reaching the 1.0, has found that something was wrong on the Archetype website.

When we moved our server, about 2 weeks ago, and changed from Apache to Nginx to serve static content, It seems I didn't checked enought pages of the site.

In fact, Slidy (the old Archetype 0.1.5pre based one, made for Fosdem presentation) wasn't working anymore and I first didn't noticed it.

I didn't find out why this is happening until I checked my "network" tab of Firebug, indicating it encountered an HTTP 405 error during a template load, send by Nginx. According to this post, this is due to Nginx will to respect the REST style software architecture.

We were using the default prototype Ajax method : 'post'... But in REST, this means that we want to create a resource on the server. As Nginx is configured to serve static content, it can't create a new resource, so, it returns a 405 error. So we have to simply use the 'get' method for our Ajax retrieval.

I currently have patched the served archetype.js in order to force the get method for template loading, and have also patched the tip (the 0.9.3 isn't far) in order to solve this and throw an exception in case of any loading problem concerning the template loading. I think we'll update this Slidy example when we will release the 0.10 version which is almost ready.

--
Envoyé par TeMs@ dans Archetype JavaScript Framework le 2/03/2009 11:21:00 PM