[Archetype JavaScript Framework] 0.9.2 is out, what's going on next ?

1 view

TeMs@

Jan 27, 2009, 10:53:29 PM1/27/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Yes 0.9.2 is out there, here's the changelog :
--
- Fixed synchronous require, however please don't use it, it's 99.99% of the time
a bad idea (it's freezing the browser)

Fixed:
** Bug
* [AJF-62] - synchronous require isn't ok

** New Feature
* [AJF-61] - CLONE -extended i18n support (number format, translating etc) (PARTIAL)
--

Besides this release, the 0.10.0 is on the rails (I know, rubysh joke ! ). It is focusing on engine abstraction between Prototype 1.6 and jQuery 1.3. Meanwhile, Francois seems working on an i18n patch and this may lead to a 0.9.3 :)

0.10 is now almost ready but we're trying to find a good way to handle Slidy, which makes use of Scriptaculous too. We have mainly 2 ways to support Slidy with both engine: writing a compatibility wrapper mapping Scriptaculous when using Prototype, and jQuery UI when using jQuery, or work on an advanced CSS Transition/Transform Shimmering like the one we saw on Ajaxian a few days ago ( http://ajaxian.com/archives/css-transitions-shim-getting-transition-support-into-other-browsers ) or other shims like transformie ( http://paulbakaus.com/2008/08/16/bringing-css-transform-to-internet-explorer/ ). Another option would be to check if there is an animation implementation or gracefully degrades to no animation.

I've currently played a bit with css transform on my netbook using Firefox 3.1b2, Crossover Chromium and Midori, and this is just great (and FF 3.1 is blazing fast compared to 3.0 on a netbook), even on a damn small computer!

Well, meanwhile this Slidy focus (I'll try to implement at least a temporary solution for the end of the week) Swiip has started a new branch (http://bitbucket.org/Swiip/archetype-components/) in order to enhance components to prepare them for the 1.0.

Multiple objectives for this branch:

- improve component loading, in order to be able to bundle them in one file

- if possible, do what is needed in order for the name attribute to be optional

- implement behaviors ( see AJF-18 : http://bug.archetypejs.org/jira/browse/AJF-18 ). we'll probably map around the dojo.behavior ( http://docs.dojocampus.org/dojo/behavior ) spec, but in a total declarative way: simple, and already bound to the component ( main drawback of this approach without a component, as supported by Joeri on Ajaxian : http://ajaxian.com/archives/javascript-behavior-sheet ).

- component cascading : auto-adding, instanciating and anchoring a component referenced in a template (may just be auto-anchoring a already referenced component in the dependencies). May be done as a default behavior when defining a "archetype:component" attribute to an element(what do you think of that ?).

This branch will probably be merged as the 0.11.0 or 1.0, as it may lead to some compatibility break.

--
Envoyé par TeMs@ dans Archetype JavaScript Framework le 1/28/2009 02:34:00 AM