[Archetype JavaScript Framework] It's a while now :)

TeMs@

Jan 26, 2009, 12:53:36 PM1/26/09
to archety...@googlegroups.com
Deer blog,

It's a long, long, long time, we've not speaked here... Shame on us !

Some news : 0.9.0 is out ! 0.9.1 too ! 0.9.2 will be released very soon (probably tonight :D )

We've worked hard in order for Archetype to be releasable when we want, and, after a stale in the development for some months due to the amount of work we have to achieve to satisfy our goal for 1.0, we then had a lot of good news :

- in fact, all the people we know IRL that has used Archetype in their development are now real fan

- we'll have a new big contributor (Arnaud) to the project in about a week (an intern that will work on Archetype for several month in order to help us reach the 1.0).

- Cedric, an engineer student (that has done an internship with us and has developped a collaborative bookmark application using arcehtype as the only front)is currently developing a "java on rails" project on top of Maven, using good frameworks (Hibernate/Spring/DWR), and wether a Flex, an Archetype or a Tapestry 5 front.

- Francois De Metz is our first external contributor, he has improved Unit Tests and some of our code, but also created some new unit tests :)

Besides all of this, we are working hard on a jQuery compatible version of Archetype, including a basic layer abstraction in order to use the same code in Archetype using Prototype or jQuery for it's base. This will lead certainly to a next major version, which will probably be 0.10.0

The 1.0 will have a lot of feature including a lot of tools in order to optimize file loading in production, using bundling and css sprite on top of archetype to achieve better loading times.

Enjoy !

See you soon for the 0.9.2 release :D

--
Envoyé par TeMs@ dans Archetype JavaScript Framework le 1/26/2009 06:38:00 PM