Setting permissions on an instance - Person/Group?

manxnation...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2021, 10:52:22 AM4/19/21
to Arches Project
Hello - in Arches v5.1 when 'Setting permissions on an instance' do I need to set the same permissions for the Person and the Group(s) that person belongs to?

For example:

Person Andrew_Johnson belongs to the Resource Editor and Resource Reviewer Groups.

BUT 'setting the permissions on an instance' just for these 2 Groups to 'Read, Update, Delete' does not give Andrew those permissions.  However, 'setting the permissions on an instance' for Person Andrew_Johnson to 'Read, Update, Delete' does give him these permissions.

I feel like I'm missing something.  Is there a v5.1 Guide to Manage Permissions and Person, Group Admin?

Thanks for any advice on this,

Jude.

Annabel Enriquez

Apr 26, 2021, 1:24:57 PM4/26/21
to Arches Project
Hi Jude,

Thank you for posting on this. I'm going to check on this and hopefully, I or someone else will get back to you soon on the forum. To clarify, Andrew_Johnson is a person who has an Arches account for your implementation and you are trying to make sure that he has permissions on a resource instance. However, setting the permissions for an instance for the groups that he belongs to doesn't grant him those permissions, but setting the permissions for an instance for his specific account does. Is this correct?

Annabel

manxnation...@gmail.com

May 6, 2021, 11:02:05 AM5/6/21
to Arches Project
Hey Annabel,

Thanks for replying on this, I've since had a really good Zoom call with Cyrus (Farallon) which has clarified (and simplified) my use of Persons and Groups - this looks to have solved the above issue.  We've more work and testing to do here, but I can close the above for now.  Thanks again,

Jude.