Touchscreen enabling to click points on Map?

manxnation...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2021, 6:56:57 AM4/28/21
to Arches Project
Hello - I've noticed that on our Arches and others it's not possible to click a point on a map using a touchscreen, e.g. on iPad or iPhone.  Is this function to be enabled in a future version of Arches?

Thanks,

Jude.

Jude Dicken (Miss)
Collections Information Manager
Manx National Heritage

Lindsey Gant

May 5, 2021, 2:39:51 PM5/5/21
to Arches Project

Hi Jude,

At the moment, this feature is not in the works. However if this is an enhancement you would like to see in the future, you are welcome to log a ticket on GitHub with an 'Enhancement' label so it can be something we can review in the future for the development roadmap.

That said, for this and any other features currently not on our roadmap, we welcome additional development of the Arches core code for those able to find outside funding for that work. We only request that any enhancements or modifications be shared back with the community, per the Arches Open Source Community Guidelines.

As a note, a touchscreen map is a feature available through the current version of Arches Collector as well as the version soon to be released. However, that mobile application is more for data collection rather than interacting with the data such as through the browser-based web application.

Thanks!

Lindsey
Getty Conservation Institute, Arches

christop...@historicengland.org.uk

May 14, 2021, 9:44:11 AM5/14/21
to Arches Project
Hi Jude,

A number of our staff at HE have received touchscreen laptops over the past year as part of our Windows 10 rollout, and I'm sure that some would also find it useful to work through that screen rather than the mouse from time to time.

That being said, we have no specific priority on this ourselves at the moment. However, touch devices are becoming more and more common, so it is possible we'll revisit this at some point.

Chris Dolby
Project Manager
Historic England