Provisional Edits not visible to editor?

Brett Ferguson

Apr 23, 2021, 1:10:30 PM4/23/21
to Arches Project
Hi -

I'm currently trying to develop a strategy to allow user groups to submit provisional data to the provincial authority. The use case requires that a submitting user be able to view and edit new resources they have created, and it was looking like the Provisional Edits functionality added in Arches 5 might be a good fit. However it appears that Provisional Edits are not visible to the user that created them.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is the intended behaviour, if it is a bug, or if I'm missing something? I find it strange that the editor of a Provisional Edit would not be able to see their own Provisional Edits and be given a chance to either modify them or revert them before they become authoritative.

Thanks!
Brett

Brett Ferguson

Apr 23, 2021, 2:21:05 PM4/23/21
to Arches Project
And to be clear - Provisional Edits on an existing authoritative Resource are visible to the editor, it's just that provisional Resource creations aren't.

Cyrus Hiatt

Apr 29, 2021, 4:27:50 PM4/29/21
to Arches Project
Hi Brett,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is a concern, and I've written a ticket for it: https://github.com/archesproject/arches/issues/7369.  In the meantime, it should be possible for a provisional user to find their provisional resources in the `Recent Edits` page.

Thanks again,

Cyrus

Brett Ferguson

Apr 30, 2021, 1:05:51 PM4/30/21
to Arches Project
Hi Cyrus - Thanks for the reply and confirming the intended behaviour.