Searching with regular expressions in Archaeopteryx

Jean-Baka Domelevo Entfellner

Oct 14, 2014, 7:37:39 PM10/14/14
to archae...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Let's say I want to highlight all the taxa whose name starts with the string "B.". If I use the search field at the bottom left corner of my Archaeopteryx window, I can input "B." and it will highlight all sequences having "B." as a substring of their name.

My question is: how can I look for it at the beginning of a node name only? I expect to be able to input "^B\." and tick somewhere a box saying "search by regexps", but I can't find such a feature... Only options in that category are case-sensitiveness, complete words only, or negation of the result. I'm running the last public version, Archaeopteryx 0.9899 beta (140923).

Such a function would be extremely valuable to have, I think...

Thanks,
   JB

Christian

Oct 14, 2014, 8:25:03 PM10/14/14
to archae...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I enables regular expression search.
and test it.

-Christian-

Jean-Baka Domelevo Entfellner

Oct 22, 2014, 7:32:22 PM10/22/14
to archae...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic, Christian, thanks so much for the fast implementation, you are something like my new hero! :)

Regards,
   Jean-Baka