Graphics Export: Use Current Image Size for Export (Not Working?)

gpenn

Nov 29, 2012, 12:13:14 PM11/29/12
to archae...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to export a .png file of a tree and no matter how I resize the view in Archaeopteryx using the zoom controls, the image exports at full screen size as it appears after clicking the "F" button in the middle of the zoom control. I've tried checking and unchecking "Use Current Image Size for Export and Printing" in the options menu, but that appears to have no effect. I've also tried exporting as a pdf with the "same size" option checked and unchecked, which also appears to do nothing. Do I need to use something other than the zoom controls to resize the tree or is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance.

gpenn

Nov 29, 2012, 12:27:32 PM11/29/12
to archae...@googlegroups.com
I should add that I've also tried changing the default size for graphics export. Although the new values that I entered for the default size now appear as the default, they are not even remotely the size that my graphics are exporting.

Christian

Dec 3, 2012, 6:58:32 PM12/3/12
to archae...@googlegroups.com
To be honest, I am not entirely clear what you would like to print. The full tree image? Or only the part which is currently displayed?
Please let me know.
-Christian-

Raw

Apr 16, 2013, 8:48:00 AM4/16/13
to archae...@googlegroups.com
I also want to know how to export the tree from Archaeopteryx as any format like .png or .jpg or whatever to use in ms word.

Christian Zmasek

Apr 23, 2013, 10:27:40 PM4/23/13
to archae...@googlegroups.com
You can export as PDF, PNG, GIF, bitmap, and JPG by selecting "File" and then using the appropriate menu item.
Options can be set via the "Options" menu (under "Graphics Export...").

Hope this helps,

Christian

May 2, 2013, 2:59:20 PM5/2/13
to archae...@googlegroups.com, Christian Zmasek
Is this feature available in ArchaeopteryxE/A?  I can't seem to find it.

Christian Zmasek

May 2, 2013, 3:18:33 PM5/2/13
to Zack Whedbee, archae...@googlegroups.com
No, due to security restrictions, Applets normally don't have access to the user's file-system.