search function: possible to search using a regular expression?

Jean-Baka

Oct 6, 2014, 5:34:20 AM10/6/14
to archae...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Let's say I want to highlight all the taxa whose name starts with the string "B.". If I use the search field at the bottom left corner of my Archaeopteryx window, I can input "B." and it will highlight all sequences having "B." as a substring of their name.

My question is: how can I look for it at the beginning of a node name only? I expect to be able to input "^B\." and tick somewhere a box saying "search by regexps", but I can't find such a feature... Only options in that category are case-sensitiveness, complete words only, or negation of the result. I'm running the last public version, Archaeopteryx 0.9899 beta (140923).

Such a function would be extremely valuable to have, I think...

Thanks,
   JB