Fwd: CAA2021 moves virtual

1 view

Yasuhisa KONDO

Nov 16, 2020, 3:22:57 AM11/16/20
to archa...@googlegroups.com
Archaeo-GIS Workshop メンバーの皆様

地球研の近藤です。考古学におけるコンピュータの利活用と計量的方法に関する国際会議CAAの2021年大会がオンラインで開催されることになりました。会期は2021年6月14日から18日です。12月15日までセッション提案を受付中です。詳細は下記をご覧ください。

近藤 康久
総合地球環境学研究所

転送されたメッセージ:

差出人: eslayton <membe...@caa-international.org>
件名: CAA2021 moves virtual
日付: 2020年11月14日 16:56:49 JST
宛先: eslayton <membe...@caa-international.org>

Hello All,

CAA2021, to be held 14-18 June, is going digital. We are sad that we won’t be able to be together in-person in sunny and lovely Cyprus, but based on the continuing challenges posed by the global Covid pandemic, a virtual meeting is the most responsible way for our community to gather. This decision was not made lightly, but it was evident from the recently-conducted membership survey that an online conference would enable more members to participate.

Changing the CAA2021 to a virtual meeting now means that the CAA2021 Cyprus team, the ScC, and the ESC can focus on planning an effective and productive online conference.  We are excited for the opportunity to think creatively about how to bring our international community together in this new way. We are still working to sort out the conference details and will be sharing regular updates as the plans come together.

As a result of this decision, the session and paper submission schedule has been revised slightly and the new deadlines are below:
  • 15 December: The call for sessions closes
  • 11 January: Session acceptances are sent
  • 18 January: The call for papers opens
  • 1 March: Call for papers closes
  • 16 April: Paper acceptances are sent
  • 30 April: Publish schedule
  • 14-18 June: Virtual Conference

Sincerely,

The CAA ESC and CAA2021 Cyprus Organizing Team