Mini Workshops for Robot and Technology Expo - Help Wanted...

annbo...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 8:44:16 AM3/3/16
to Arch Reactor
Hi All,
We're getting really excited about the Robot and Technology Expo coming up April 9th at Mineral Area College.

I want to run a series of mini workshops again this year and I need more volunteers to help run them.

I'm scheduling workshops from 9 - 12 and 1 - 3, with each workshop lasting a little less than an hour. So a total of 5 sessions.

Gene - are you planning to come down this year? Can you bring the Little Bits and run that again?

I'm also looking for someone to run a SonicPi session. We'll have computers and everything there. I even have a powerpoint that someone can use if needed. (check out http://www.suppertime.co.uk/blogmywiki/) Just really need someone who is willing to spend a bit of time with the software ahead of time and then run people through the process. OR if someone is already familiar with the software and wants to do their own thing, that's great too.

I'll also have some wink robots at the event. http://www.plumgeek.com/wink.html
We were hoping to get them over a month ago, but we had ordering issues on our side and so we probably won't get them until next week. I'd love for someone to run a mini lesson using the winks. An hour isn't much time, so probably just enough time to play around with eye color and maybe start the motors. The people sitting down to the mini workshops will probably have NO experience with arduinos and programming. The idea is to just give them a very simple, easy to follow intro to programming with these robots. We want them to have fun and leave the 1 hour session feeling like it's something they could understand and be successful doing.

If anyone has some ideas for other mini workshops that would be fun, please let me know. We'll have someone teaching scratch for one of the sessions. Still have 2 more time slots....

If you have any questions, feel free to call, email or text.

Thanks!

Ann
573-327-2009
annbo...@gmail.com