Saint Louis County Historical Locations - Google Map or Otherwise?

Kurtois

Mar 6, 2016, 12:48:34 PM3/6/16
to Arch Reactor
There is a map here of historical locations in Saint Louis County. I am curious if a map already exists of all of these addresses:
http://www.stlouisco.com/Portals/8/docs/Document%20Library/parks/PDFs/HBC/StLouisCountyHistoricBuildingsInventoryAddress.pdf

If it does not exist already, I would be willing to create a map for public use so everyone can access it. I am curious what a recommended platform would be to do so. Google? Open Street Map? Other?

Frank Kallal

Mar 6, 2016, 1:47:51 PM3/6/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Google maps allows you to import addresses into a Personal map, that you can share out.  I have used it alot and think it works well and is pretty easy.

Kurtois

Mar 8, 2016, 10:49:02 PM3/8/16
to Arch Reactor
Thanks for this lead, Frank. I will check into this.

I am hoping I can feed in a CSV of addresses for the map.

Frank Kallal

Mar 8, 2016, 11:26:01 PM3/8/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

You can indeed.

Amberly Brown

Mar 9, 2016, 9:31:13 AM3/9/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I would be very interested in this when you are finished. I metal detect as one of my many hobbies...

Good Luck!

Amberly

Robert Kleeschulte

Mar 11, 2016, 8:08:44 PM3/11/16
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have not used Googles personal maps. I have used https://batchgeo.com/  It will allow CSV uploading.

Free option to make a map with custom points, just have to keep an eye on it to make sure that the link does not expire.