Stuff thats Wanted

Daniel Flaum

Feb 11, 2013, 8:52:38 AM2/11/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
This thread is to post stuff you want or need for a project.

Don't abuse it.  First time you do your out.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Andrew Ricke

Feb 11, 2013, 12:38:19 PM2/11/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well since you made this topic:

This list for the Photobooth (still preliminary).

Either looking for this list as a donation or a good source with price/link.

Thanks
Andy

On Monday, February 11, 2013, Daniel Flaum wrote:
This thread is to post stuff you want or need for a project.

Don't abuse it.  First time you do your out.

Chris Weiss

Feb 11, 2013, 2:03:38 PM2/11/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Andrew Ricke <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This list for the Photobooth "Bike gears and chain"

I have a bike that was hit by a car that can be salvaged for chain and gears.

BlackTalon

Feb 21, 2013, 3:38:32 PM2/21/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone remember the Silicon tube we got in recently?  do we still have that?  I need a couple feet if it.

Hroller McKnutt

Feb 21, 2013, 3:53:55 PM2/21/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM, BlackTalon <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone remember the Silicon tube we got in recently? do we still have
> that? I need a couple feet if it.

Last I saw there was some in the donation area, if it's all snatched
up I can give you some that I snagged for a project that's on hold at
the moment.

Mike
--
Nullo edactore ligni, consilium cedet. - Countess Magda

George Fetters

Feb 21, 2013, 4:02:01 PM2/21/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  Thanks.  I'll check the donation area on Sunday.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 21, 2013, 4:50:20 PM2/21/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there was some of it still up there as of this past Tuesday night.

Gene

BlackTalon

Mar 5, 2013, 10:03:21 PM3/5/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I found it thanks guys.

nfolken

Mar 6, 2013, 4:03:22 PM3/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I need window plastic to finish up insulating the west windows. I have a little, and I heard one of the Ryans has some, but anyone else who has any they would like to donate I'll take it!

EschewObfuscation

Aug 6, 2013, 2:00:40 AM8/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Enthusiast PC enclosures often have motherboard trays that can be removed without unscrewing the motherboard itself.

Some (usually older ones) even have the card guide assembly attached as part of that removable unit, so you can pull the motherboard and addin cards entire out the back. These usually have one or two screws visible from the back of the enclosure which once removed allow the whole assembly to be slid out.

If anyone should scrap a machine of this sort, I would very much like that removable mobo-plus-card mechanical assembly. (I'm not concerned whether a motherboard or cards are still attached or not.)

Thanks!

Kamikaze Joe

Aug 6, 2013, 9:08:22 AM8/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I MAY have a double-wide server case that it like this.  It's been a while since I've looked at it and it's too heavy (with the hardware contents) to move it myself.  Good news is it's in my car already.

EschewObfuscation

Aug 6, 2013, 5:34:52 PM8/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh my! Well I'm in no hurry, but if it's riding around town with you, it sounds as if it needs to come out, if only to lighten your car. Does this mean I need to actually haul my own backside downtown at some time in the near future? :)

Kamikaze Joe

Aug 6, 2013, 8:02:40 PM8/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Sorry.  I took a closer look when I got home and it does not have the slide out motherboard tray you were asking about.

EschewObfuscation

Aug 6, 2013, 8:48:34 PM8/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Okay, no worries; as I said, no rush on this project. If the request has been posted, maybe someone else will remember it when they scrap one like that.

Thanks for checking!

battag...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2013, 7:42:37 PM9/1/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Well I haven't attended any meetings yet but I plan on it. I'm looking for an analog oscilliscope though and if anyone has any advice on where I could pick one up in the city I'd appreciate it (just moved here from Baltimore).

Travis Megee

Sep 1, 2013, 10:35:13 PM9/1/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
There is at least one in the space that you can use.

Travis

On Sep 1, 2013, at 18:42, "battag...@gmail.com"
<battag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I haven't attended any meetings yet but I plan on it. I'm looking for an analog oscilliscope though and if anyone has any advice on where I could pick one up in the city I'd appreciate it (just moved here from Baltimore).

EschewObfuscation

Sep 1, 2013, 11:40:04 PM9/1/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If your goal is to buy one to own as opposed to using one that's at the space, bear in mind a Rigol 1100 can be had for street price $400, very nice basic digital storage scope. Not that you necessarily want one of those, but that should inform what you're willing to pay for an older and less capable analog model.

If you want a truly analog model, the last and best Tek scopes before (nonreplaceable) ASICs were the tek 453 and 454, each also in an a variant (nuvistors replaced by early, very fragile FETs). $100 will usually get you a good one on fleabay if you're willing to wait and watch a while.

nfolken

Sep 20, 2013, 10:40:32 AM9/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
A while ago Ryan W brought up that we should have a dehumidifier going 24-7 in the shop to reduce rusting. I've kept an eye open for one on craigslist, but I figure I should post here in case anyone has a spare one they would like to donate with a hose attachment and that we could permanently mount somewhere out of the way. Chip in Ryan if there were additional requirements...

Chris Weiss

Sep 20, 2013, 11:27:38 AM9/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
are we having a rust issue?

Keith Rogers

Sep 20, 2013, 2:12:17 PM9/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Regarding a dehumidifier..  those things are basically an AC unit that collects condensation. Running one 24/7 make for a pretty high electric bill.  I've had humidity problems in my basement and have had good luck with a product called fluid film.  It's not mostly solvent like WD40 and others.. seems to stop rust immediately and clings to exposed metal.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
A while ago Ryan W brought up that we should have a dehumidifier going 24-7 in the shop to reduce rusting. I've kept an eye open for one on craigslist, but I figure I should post here in case anyone has a spare one they would like to donate with a hose attachment and that we could permanently mount somewhere out of the way. Chip in Ryan if there were additional requirements...

EschewObfuscation

Sep 20, 2013, 4:31:33 PM9/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Your point regarding 24/7 power consumption is valid, but I'd suggest that a humidity detector, working like a thermostat (and this would require autoclosing doors to the shop) might be the necessary elaboration.

While point defense by various protectants such as LPS3 etc can work, they require shop discipline, which we do not have. If we can't keep power tools in proper repair, can't keep tooling sharpened, can't even sort sockets and such, a regimen of ensuring vulnerable surfaces are coated with an essentially invisible film of something won't work.

So, plus-plus on dehumidifier, just needs a control circuit.

Chris Weiss

Sep 20, 2013, 4:56:30 PM9/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
again, are we having an actual problem? I mean, the space is already
climate controlled...

Ryan Williams

Sep 20, 2013, 5:31:38 PM9/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd say that yes, there has been issue with rusting and moisture in the dirty shop, but mostly after the sinks were installed. It hasn't gotten worse though, though I've tried to take more precautions as well, such as throwing desiccants where moisture sensitive material is, such as welding rod, powder and tools.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
again, are we having an actual problem?  I mean, the space is already
climate controlled...

EschewObfuscation

Oct 3, 2013, 3:22:16 PM10/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, as we enter winter phase, and since the steamy gas heater has been obsoleted, we'll be seeing drier interior conditions. So that buys some time to address this issue.

Chris Weiss

Oct 3, 2013, 3:32:07 PM10/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
far as I know the gas heater is still all there is.

EschewObfuscation

Oct 3, 2013, 8:15:52 PM10/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh. I thought someone's (yours?) old one had been put in service in the space. If the wall mounted heater goes into service again this winter, it'll dump a huge amount of combustion-product water into the space. I recall watching condensing water just pour off the windows. That would not be ideal.

Chris Weiss

Oct 3, 2013, 10:28:43 PM10/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
nope, landlord rejected it.

EschewObfuscation

Oct 3, 2013, 11:11:58 PM10/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh. Rats.

bti...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2013, 3:51:25 PM10/14/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
First time posting in here so I'll keep it basic. I know of an non-profit animal shelter that needs a working desktop. I've got the LCD already so now I just need the parts. Depending on the reason, even non-working ones would work.
I'll also get on freecycle and craigslist.

Chris Weiss

Oct 14, 2013, 3:56:01 PM10/14/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have P4 that has stability issues, I don't know if it's hardware or
"OS wants a re-install" related, I just replaced it with something
better. you're welcome to it. it has an XP Pro COA on it, but the
hard drive is not available with it.

Tony Mueller

Oct 15, 2013, 11:35:21 AM10/15/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I also have a P4 sony tower sitting in my basement. I need to give the hard drive a secure wipe or remove it entirely by request of the previous owner, but you're welcome to it otherwise.

Brad Tissi

Oct 21, 2013, 12:20:41 AM10/21/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to both of you. I would be happy to take them off your hands. I'm not sure what would be easiest, but if you can, just hide them somewhere in the storage shelves (not sure where's appropriate) with a note.

Tony Mueller

Oct 21, 2013, 10:26:25 AM10/21/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll be in Thursday for the Soldering class. I'll try to remember to dig it out of storage.

Brad Tissi

Nov 20, 2013, 12:26:37 AM11/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a PCI SATA card that I could use for this? All of my IDE drives seem to be producing errors now.

Thank you

On Monday, February 11, 2013 7:52:38 AM UTC-6, Black Talon wrote:
This thread is to post stuff you want or need for a project.

Don't abuse it.  First time you do your out.

nfolken

Nov 25, 2013, 3:16:09 PM11/25/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Half of the track lighting is up, but it ended up using all of the lights we had. So, we need more lights. If anyone has any laying around, or knows of where we could get some cheap, please bring them in!

Deech

Dec 3, 2013, 3:28:31 PM12/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you can get me a track light connector to make sure they match, I'll go get us a box of them from Warehouse of Stuff.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
Half of the track lighting is up, but it ended up using all of the lights we had. So, we need more lights. If anyone has any laying around, or knows of where we could get some cheap, please bring them in!

Travis Megee

Dec 3, 2013, 3:30:20 PM12/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
You could probably just grab one off the ceiling.

Travis

nfolken

Dec 6, 2013, 12:24:49 AM12/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We will end up with a spare 4ft section, so you can grab that for testing. Last week I picked up a bunch of can lights from the Salvation Army ReStore for $1 each, so we might have enough now.

Deech

Dec 6, 2013, 3:40:08 PM12/6/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh, ok. If we have what we need, then I'll hold off for now.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
We will end up with a spare 4ft section, so you can grab that for testing. Last week I picked up a bunch of can lights from the Salvation Army ReStore for $1 each, so we might have enough now.

Brad Tissi

Jan 6, 2014, 2:10:14 PM1/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have any use for this plastic? I can't remember now, but I think that it's either 1/4" or 1/2" thick.

Chris Weiss

Jan 6, 2014, 2:20:58 PM1/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
diffuser for ceiling lights?  I could make use of a couple

Aaron Ward

Jan 28, 2014, 10:22:17 PM1/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Anyone looking to get rid of 48 or more amber beer bottles?

John Reskusich

Jan 29, 2014, 9:01:38 AM1/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

What for?  I might have that...

Travis Megee

Jan 29, 2014, 9:41:16 AM1/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Homebrew beer.  They should also be non-screw top bottles.

Travis

Aaron Ward

Jan 29, 2014, 10:04:00 AM1/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clarifying Travis;

Chris Weiss

Jan 29, 2014, 10:14:36 AM1/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I actually have a few thousand bottles (not all are amber or non-screw
top) that I'm saving up to make into a bottle wall. I could part with
48, especially if a couple come back to me full :)

Brad Tissi

Jan 29, 2014, 3:59:51 PM1/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know where locally to get 1/2in strips of brass?

Keith Rogers

Jan 29, 2014, 4:09:30 PM1/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Shapiro Metal Supply has quite a selection.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 21, 2014, 6:27:03 AM2/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Wanted 15 Altoids tins, preferably all the same standard size. I found three of them in the donations area at AR and I have a few couple more at my house. Do we have a stash of them elsewhere? A local high school teacher would like them in order for her class to make pinhole cameras with. For simplicity's sake, it's best if they are all the same size. If you have any Altoids tins sitting around that can be donated to this project, please drop them off at the space on the counter near the front door before Sunday.

Gene

Andrew Ricke

Feb 22, 2014, 9:24:09 AM2/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Upcycle exchange on south grand has a ton apparently. My fiancé is there often and has seen them.

If you haven't been there, it's a craft store that is mostly pay want you want as it deals with mostly donated leftover or creative recycled art and craft supplies.

Andrew
-Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 21, 2014, at 5:27 AM, "Gene J. (GeekTinker)" <gene....@gmail.com> wrote:

Wanted 15 Altoids tins, preferably all the same standard size. I found three of them in the donations area at AR and I have a few couple more at my house. Do we have a stash of them elsewhere? A local high school teacher would like them in order for her class to make pinhole cameras with. For simplicity's sake, it's best if they are all the same size. If you have any Altoids tins sitting around that can be donated to this project, please drop them off at the space on the counter near the front door before Sunday.

Gene

Brad Tissi

Mar 14, 2014, 12:31:56 PM3/14/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The House Rabbit Society-St. Louis (where the computer went to before) is looking for a larger monitor (23+) to be able to take to conventions/promo tables. If anyone has one that they are willing to sell or knows where to get a cheap one, please let me know.

It doesn't need to be anything fancy.
Thanks

Michael Kuba

Mar 25, 2014, 11:06:20 AM3/25/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

We're moving and trying to clean out a bit - wondered if anyone was interested in any of these things before we donate to Goodwill. Popcorn popper

cheapo land line phone

casserole dish

Brad Tissi

Mar 28, 2014, 10:04:04 AM3/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
How large is the popper?
If it'll fit, that would go really well with the new screen for movie nights

Michael Kuba

Mar 28, 2014, 11:01:42 AM3/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It's similar to this one, except not this one: http://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-82306-6-Quart-Electric/dp/B00004RC6R/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396017654&sr=8-3&keywords=popcorn+popper

Looks like it's about the same size, so I'm going to guess 5-7 qts? We got it as a wedding present and never used it.

I can bring it in on Sunday.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Brad Tissi <bti...@gmail.com> wrote:
How large is the popper?
If it'll fit, that would go really well with the new screen for movie nights

Michael Kuba

Mar 30, 2014, 8:25:33 PM3/30/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Change of plans, I am ill tonight. I'll bring it Tuesday.

Brad Tissi

Mar 31, 2014, 3:37:43 PM3/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Psh, you're not sick. You just want to see the Lulzbot :P

Michael Kuba

Mar 31, 2014, 3:58:25 PM3/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
No point in going otherwise :P

Brad Tissi

Mar 31, 2014, 4:09:37 PM3/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Not arguing that. :D

ROB K

Apr 4, 2014, 6:31:10 PM4/4/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Working on the aquaponics and I am looking for plastic barrels. Food safe 55 gallon with lid and a 30 gallon with lid.

Chris Weiss

Apr 5, 2014, 12:25:31 AM4/5/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have an extra 55, it's like the one at the space that's being used
for recycling. it had medical grade saline solution in it, though I
think it was actually in a plastic bag in the drum..

Brad Tissi

Apr 6, 2014, 6:18:17 PM4/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I use to be able to find small UPSs for either free after rebate or $10-15, but am striking out lately. Does anyone know where to get a relatively new UPS for cheap?

ROB K

Apr 9, 2014, 3:31:24 PM4/9/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That kind should be OK. I think the ones with lids are for dry chemicals and medical goods as long as the dry chemicals are not pesticides, fertilizers or Herbicides they should be good to use.

I ended up being busy yesterday and was not able to make it to the meeting.

EschewObfuscation

Apr 25, 2014, 6:57:54 PM4/25/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a bit of yellow, amber or orange transparent plastic? It could be flat like transparency sheet, a drinks bottle, any shape, as long as it's a yellowish color, reasonably transparent and expendable. A few square inches becomes a useful quantity, a transparency sheet would be luxuriously large. If it were solid, such as a piece of plexiglas, it could probably serve without being cut/damaged, and returned after. Goal is to make a tinted observation window for a miniproject.

Thanks!

Brad Tissi

Apr 26, 2014, 11:56:06 AM4/26/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a commercial door closer that they don't want?

Thank you

Brad Tissi

May 2, 2014, 12:15:26 PM5/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Neils, is there any of the track lighting left?

nfolken

May 2, 2014, 1:08:12 PM5/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think there was 1x 4ft section left and a few power inserters of the kind that sit on top of an electrical box. There are some spare light fixtures, but we should hang on to them to give us some flexibility.

Brad Tissi

May 2, 2014, 2:58:50 PM5/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
No problem. Thanks for the quick update.

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think there was 1x 4ft section left and a few power inserters of the kind that sit on top of an electrical box. There are some spare light fixtures, but we should hang on to them to give us some flexibility.

Brad Tissi

May 20, 2014, 9:48:58 PM5/20/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have two breakfast bar chairs that are up for grabs.
They are oak colored with backs and they swivel. I'll get pictures when I clear them off as we're getting ready to move.

I am extending the offer to multiple places so speak up if interested.

EschewObfuscation

May 21, 2014, 12:11:48 AM5/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

The stool in front of my home workbench is really uncomfortable after a relatively short time; are these guys comfortable for an extended period? If so, I could really use one.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

May 22, 2014, 5:14:15 AM5/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If John passes I am interested in them. If he does want one, I'll claim the second one.

Brad Tissi

May 22, 2014, 8:14:56 AM5/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Works for me, I'll bring them in when I can and let you know ahead of time.

Brad Tissi

May 22, 2014, 10:49:08 PM5/22/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Unrelated, does anyone have a hammer-drill that I can borrow for three holes?

Brad Tissi

May 27, 2014, 6:56:14 PM5/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping to know further in advanced, but I will be able to bring the chairs in tonight.

Chris Weiss

May 28, 2014, 10:28:43 PM5/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
anyone have something like https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10811
that I can borrow next weekend? just for the weekend, need to get
barrel jack power to a breadboard directly.

Travis Megee

May 28, 2014, 10:39:36 PM5/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have the Adafruit breadboard power supply.  Otherwise I've got the parts to throw together a std barrel jack/perfboard breakout.

Travis

Chris Weiss

May 28, 2014, 10:48:45 PM5/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I need VIN on the board as well as regulated 5v from a 4.5-6V source.
hm. wonder what would happen if I took VIN from an arduino and put
that to a 5V buck-boost and then put that back to the 5V....

Travis Megee

May 28, 2014, 10:51:26 PM5/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The adafruit supply has outputs for both VIN and regulated VOUT.

Travis

Chris Weiss

May 28, 2014, 10:53:22 PM5/28/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
ah, the one I have doesn't. that sounds like it would work well then.

Brad Tissi

May 31, 2014, 4:08:26 PM5/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a decent supply of magazines that can be up for grabs if anyone wants some

Backpacker
Mechanical Engineering
Scientific America
FTF Magazine (Geocaching)

I need a reason to go through them.

Brad Tissi

May 31, 2014, 4:09:21 PM5/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
And John and Gene, the stools are in the space in front of the book shelf.

Xsfx2000

May 31, 2014, 6:49:26 PM5/31/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

All of those sound great- would some of them (Mechanical Engineering)  for example be out of place on the AR bookshelf? If not, I'll take some M.E., and I've always enjoyed Scientific American.

Brad Tissi

Jun 2, 2014, 9:40:46 AM6/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that they would be out of place at all. Although a manufacturing environment may have a different take on additive manufacturing or weather balloons, the articles are still really interesting to anyone involved in those areas.

I still view Arch Reactor as the personal experiment/play area of the engineering world. They compliment each other in my opinion.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jun 6, 2014, 1:48:00 AM6/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brad. I didn't have room in my SUV to pick up the one stool for me on Tuesday night. I'll have to get it later once I have the space.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jun 6, 2014, 1:52:59 AM6/6/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I mentioned this to a few people on Tuesday night. For those that haven't heard, I have a few hundred threaded bolts that are 5 and 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch diameter that were left over from a project.

If you would like to claim a few of them for projects, let me know. Otherwise they will end up in the tools storage area of the shop. You'll have to find any nuts for them.

They are long enough to hold two 2 x 4s together through the short sides.

Gene

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Jun 18, 2014, 1:52:09 AM6/18/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
About half of the bolts are in the shop now, in a box on the lower shelf to the right of the sink.

|RyanW|

Jun 21, 2014, 1:27:19 PM6/21/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gene, I'll make sure they're put to good use.

Brad Tissi

Jun 24, 2014, 10:00:04 AM6/24/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just moved into our first house so projects abound.

Things that I've seen pop up that now I can use:
Server cabinet - full or half height, enclosed preferable, will depend on footprint
Food grade barrels to be used as rain barrels

Brad Tissi

Jun 27, 2014, 4:58:32 PM6/27/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
All right, a box of magazines is sitting by the bookshelf and includes some combination of Backpacker, Mechanical Engineering, Skiing, FTF Magazine (geocaching), and maybe some Mining.
I probably have more at home that haven't been uncovered. Feel free to rummage/take what looks interesting to you.
If something looks particularly relevant to AR, please leave near the bookshelf.

Also, have the two rain barrels been claimed or are they still open for use?

EschewObfuscation

Jun 29, 2014, 8:10:31 PM6/29/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have access to a bit of aluminum bar stock, minimum 1 1/4 diameter, maybe an inch or two long? It's hardly enough to justify S&H on a mailorder, or gas cost of driving about town. Anyone's scrap bin have a likely candidate bit, maybe? Specific alloy doesn't matter, just looking for something easier to machine than steel.

|RyanW|

Jul 2, 2014, 2:49:11 PM7/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
One of the rain barrels in the shop have been claimed for use. I'm not sure who wanted the other one, but there could definitely be a use found for it. It'd make an awesome media blasting chamber.

|RyanW|

Jul 2, 2014, 2:49:40 PM7/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
1.25" Bar? I'll take a look but I don't think we have that size.

Keith Rogers

Jul 2, 2014, 3:33:21 PM7/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've got some aluminum scrap but I rarely make it down to the space.  Shapiros has a bucket of larger bar stock cut-offs that may be ideal.  If you're into scrounging for weird things, they will sometimes throw in non metal items for free along with your metal purchase.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM, EschewObfuscation <google...@mailfilter.33mail.com> wrote:
Does anyone have access to a bit of aluminum bar stock, minimum 1 1/4 diameter, maybe an inch or two long? It's hardly enough to justify S&H on a mailorder, or gas cost of driving about town. Anyone's scrap bin have a likely candidate bit, maybe? Specific alloy doesn't matter, just looking for something easier to machine than steel.

EschewObfuscation

Jul 2, 2014, 5:05:16 PM7/2/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I may have to bite the bullet, burn some gas, go poke about. Was hoping someone had a scrap, but I knew it'd be a long shot.

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:33:21 PM UTC-5, phoglite wrote:
...  Shapiros has a bucket of larger bar stock cut-offs that may be ideal. ...

Michael Kuba

Jul 12, 2014, 4:20:45 PM7/12/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just bought some bar stock that fits that description. Let me know if you need a piece off it.

Anyone have an old VCR (or is there one somewhere in the donate pile?)? Need the rotary transformer out of it to see if it'll work for a project.

Ryan Williams

Jul 12, 2014, 4:23:08 PM7/12/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
There's a nice, big rotary piece from a VCR sitting on the electronic supplies shelf.

It is loading more messages.