Hello! New member...

El Jefe

Jul 6, 2021, 1:44:41 PM7/6/21
to Arch Reactor
Hi, I just joined the forum but haven't yet had the opportunity to visit. I'm sure I'll want to be a paying member soon and I'm excited to meet you all.
Just thought I'd mention that I seem to have some issues logging in on the site if I get logged out. For some reason it doesn't seem to be accepting the password on my phone, and I think the same was happening on my computer but I'm afraid to log out now. Probably just need to clear cookies or something and I admit it could totally be on my end with either the browser or how Safari is saving passwords (I'm on a Mac).
And then this reminded me... I'm also curious if you guys might want a rack server? I'll have to get approval but it should be fine. It's a Dell Poweredge R900, 16 cores and 64GB of RAM, along with some hard drives we would probably need to erase. Trying to sell it is just too much hassle for me, and a hackerspace seems like an ideal place for it.

El Jefe

Jul 6, 2021, 8:12:06 PM7/6/21
to Arch Reactor
I also noticed a calendar event for new members but didn't see that the space was open tonight, so not really sure what to do...

Robert Ward

Jul 6, 2021, 9:38:57 PM7/6/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

Anytime there's an event on the calendar that's not explicitly marked private, you can assume the space will be open.  The first Tuesday of each month is our all-member business meeting, and is probably the best time to come out and meet other members.  We've just started having in-person meetings again this past month.

As for the logging in on the website, I haven't had that specific issue, you might want to double check what you're putting in the username field, I've had trouble before trying to use my email instead of my username.

El Jefe

Jul 7, 2021, 11:40:42 AM7/7/21
to Arch Reactor
Ah ok. Thanks for the reply!
I haven't tried again but yeah, that must be it. I was using my email address. *facepalm*

El Jefe

Jul 9, 2021, 3:17:57 PM7/9/21
to Arch Reactor
What could I expect if I come to the woodshop introduction tomorrow? The timing is interesting as I have a friend from out of town visiting who would also be interested, but he obviously wouldn't be looking to become a member, although I definitely am.
I was also curious if I could bring something I'm working on or if it's not that kind of thing? I assume probably not and that it's a class for being able to use the equipment in the first place, but figured I'd ask as I've been wanting to make box joints for some frames I'm building.
Thanks!

Alex Hall

Jul 10, 2021, 1:06:27 PM7/10/21
to Arch Reactor
The class will be on how to use the woodworking equipment, but the space will be open for a while after the class if you'd like to work on stuff. Your friend will be welcome as well.