Is anyone interested in learning vermiposting, worm casting, or worm farming?

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 19, 2013, 2:09:32 PM2/19/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Through my contacts with the Missouri Sustainability Projects group on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/258344407610091/), the discussion has turned to vermiposting, or composting with worms.  One of the members there mentioned having given a presentation on the subject and/or taught a class.

I know we have a few members at Arch Reactor that enjoy growing green things or would like to, so I suggested that we host a presentation at Arch Reactor by a couple of the members of Missouri Sustainability Projects.  Perhaps something along the lines of a guest speaker for a Show and Tell or a part of the open house.  If there is enough interest after the presentation, then a more in depth class may be formed at that time.

I believe that this is a natural cross-over between these two groups and could bring in a few more members to Arch Reactor, too.  Many of them are very much the do-it-yourself type and a few or our members have the desire to work on sustainability projects.  If we advertise it correctly, we could bring in more people with an interest in this subject who aren't members of either organization.

Just to get the ball rolling in the right direction, please post here if you would be interested in seeing such a presentation on worm composting.

Gene

Ben West

Feb 19, 2013, 2:19:13 PM2/19/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I forwarded this announcement to the CAMP general listserv.  I do know that current and former CAMPers have been both interested and actively involved in vermiculture in the past.

Gene

Ben West

amyca...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2013, 2:32:49 PM2/19/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to learn more about it.

ROB K

Feb 19, 2013, 6:56:36 PM2/19/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I still have my Aquaponics going. It still has maybe 8 large worms in it and after a few months from putting them in I have smaller worms now. After removing the catfish I'm not getting as much nutrients as with just the two goldfish. Worms are loving the dead plants now. :(
Message has been deleted

sonuva...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2013, 10:43:53 PM2/19/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sounds cool!

Chris Weiss

Feb 20, 2013, 8:05:18 PM2/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
a presentation would be great, and maybe a follow up workshop too.

I (well, my wife) also have a small home made vermibin that I could
bring in to demo.