WebOS beta

GeekTinker

Sep 3, 2012, 4:28:14 PM9/3/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone else have an interest in working with WebOS beta open source release at all?  I don't have a hardware platform for it in the form of a tablet, but I did enjoy using WebOS on the Palm Pre when it was first released.  I might be persuaded to pick up a used tablet later if I can load WebOS on it.

http://blog.openwebosproject.org/post/30593510898/open-webos-august-edition

Gene

HoyeBoye

Sep 3, 2012, 9:23:25 PM9/3/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Given my skills (lack thereof) in linux, I would be useless, unless you just want a tester. I am a huge WebOS fan, still use my Pre as a PDA/MP3 player and use an HP Touchpad. In my opinion, WebOS is head and shoulders above Android. Given the resources it should've received from HP, it could've easily surpassed IOS as the best (not most popular) mobile OS experience.

From what I've heard on Webosnation.com, it'll be a bit until there are platforms capable of running OpenWebOS because of the Linux kernel its based on. I wish you the best of luck and will provide many words of encouragement. Viva Palm! Viva WebOS! Up yours, Leo Apotheker!