Open Source Ecology Microhouse Workshop

whiting...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 11:28:11 AM7/10/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning School Factory,

I am currently interning for Open Source Ecology this summer in Maysville, MO. We are a non-profit developing a portfolio of open source hardware.

At the end of July we are hosting a 5-day micro-house workshop. We are using our brick press to press ~7000 bricks from the ground beneath our feet to build a small house. This is a great opportunity to learning about natural building, sustainability, affordable housing, and construction. I have added the link to the workshop below.

http://opensourceecology.org/microhouse-workshop-3/

Would it be possible for you to pass this information through your organization? Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Stephen Whiting

EschewObfuscation

Jul 10, 2014, 6:22:32 PM7/10/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, whiting...@gmail.com
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:28:11 AM UTC-5, whiting...@gmail.com wrote:

Would it be possible for you to pass this information through your organization?

You have just done so. :)

Have they made any new and sexy progress on the tractor project?

whiting...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 10:09:31 AM7/11/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com, whiting...@gmail.com

Right now we're primarily working on the brick press and microhouse, but we use tractors constantly for pressing bricks. Here is a picture of the lifetrac 6 in action during the last microhouse build:

https://opensourceecology.trovebox.com/p/5cl/token-66a3beb920

Documentation for the lifetrac can be found on OSE's dozuki page:
http://opensourceecology.dozuki.com/c/LifeTrac

Stephen Whiting

Jul 16, 2014, 11:21:49 AM7/16/14
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arch Reactor,

Due to inclement weather we have pushed back our Microhouse Workshop by two weeks. We are now hosting the workshop on August 7th through the 12th. We have also changed the rates to include a student discount, 2-for-1 discount, and a group rate. We hope to see you in Missouri!

Best,

Stephen Whiting