Product labeling

Dr. Gadget

Dec 28, 2013, 6:16:15 PM12/28/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Looking for a nice way to label assembled projects; tried P-Touch and it looked OK for a while, but the adhesive is apparently not permanent on plastic.

I know silk screen is a possibility, but it's a hassle to do one part at a time and there has to be a screen made.

Any have another suggestion? Has to be 'graphic' and look nice.

    Thanks!

    Lee

Xsfx2000

Dec 28, 2013, 6:24:12 PM12/28/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

What kind of plastic?  Is this an outer 'case' or are you speaking of a circuit board? Inquiring minds would like to know. 8)

Keith Rogers

Dec 28, 2013, 6:38:13 PM12/28/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Something similar to silkscreen but much quicker is laser cut stencils.  I've cut them out of cardboard or thick paper and then painted or permanent markered over for a clean look.  Cut vinyl may work similarly.

L. V. Lammert

Dec 28, 2013, 6:42:13 PM12/28/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, Keith Rogers wrote:

> Something similar to silkscreen but much quicker is laser cut stencils.
> I've cut them out of cardboard or thick paper and then painted or
> permanent markered over for a clean look. Cut vinyl may work similarly.

The print will about 14pt on the 'byline', so that would probably be too
small for a stencil or vinyl.

Been trying to find info on screen printing, but everything I am running
across is for T-Shirts, not small parts.

Lee