Mini CNC Proxxon MF70 for Sale

Clay

Mar 30, 2021, 9:22:07 PM3/30/21
to Arch Reactor

Is anyone interested in a MF70 mini mill converted to cnc?  I'm moving soon and unfortunately there won't be any garages or basements where I'm going so trying to find it a new home.  So far I've cut aluminum at 150mm/min feed, 5mm/min plunge, 0.05mm steps, dry on 2 flute carbide bits at 17k rpm.

Asking price $380.00

It has included:
  • MDF enclosure on a harbor freight furniture dolly
  • Proxxon Mini Mill MF70
  • 3 Nema 17
  • MKS SBase v1.3 Control Board (knock off smoothieware)
  • Rasberry Pi 3 A+ in a metal case
  • 5V 5A regulater
  • 24V powersupply
  • Relay to turn the Mill on and off
  • Hacked Worx Cube Vacuum Cleaner 20V.  I haven't installed the relay but the wires are there.
  • Z probe
  • E stop
  • Removable dust shoe but if you want I can provide the 3D parts so you can make it better.
  • Some Cutter Bits
  • Materials
  • Hold down clamps from Proxxon
What it needs:
  • Relay for the vacuum
  • Exhaust/Cool air modifications to the box (I tried making it sound proof)
  • SD card with CNCjc or whatever opensource platform you want to control it with.  I don't want to give mine since it had all of my credentials on it.
  • Probably a better fod screen for the electronics but you'd be surprised by that vacuum cleaner.  On the low setting it sucks good.

  • IMG_20210330_201505.jpg
If you need more pictures let me know.

Buz McCullough

Mar 31, 2021, 6:43:04 AM3/31/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
What's the largest diameter piece that can be machined on it? Could it be used to make gears out of aluminum or brass? What is it's footprint  including the enclosure you have it in?
Sincerely,
Carl (Buz) McCullough

Clay

Mar 31, 2021, 9:04:53 AM3/31/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
The working area is 130mm x 60mm x 110mm max.  Whatever clamps you have or make will change that and I've seen people double the 60 to 120 by using indexes and clamps to make two different runs to make a bigger gear.

Yes on the material but I would say depending on the bit to take small bites and go fast.  I've been able to cut aluminum at 0.05mm steps at 150mm/min.  I would think brass should be no different depending on the alloy.  Soft metals can be a pain without coolant but with this setup it's doable if you get your feeds and speeds right and vent occasionally.

The enclosure is 41cm x 52cm x 64cm.  With the plug out the back that becomes 50cm x 52cm x 64cm.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Arch Reactor" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/arch-reactor/CAKxHL%3DGuR%3DgHO1Cj-66-3YtbmcAjGhw3N-PpLDnCvvGoRSUkuQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Buz McCullough

Mar 31, 2021, 2:04:13 PM3/31/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. My wife says I can't have it until I get rid of some of my telescopes. Last week I spent $300 on one at an estate sale and I have spent my limit for a few months. Sorry.

Clay

Mar 31, 2021, 2:07:11 PM3/31/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
No worries.  I should be around for a month before I leave in case she changes her mind 😉.

Fyi the price isn't firm.

Arch Reactor, Sergeant At Arms

Mar 31, 2021, 2:28:02 PM3/31/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Buz McCullough

Mar 31, 2021, 9:46:48 PM3/31/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
4 Meade ETXs 60mm 70mm 80mm 90mm, 125mm Galileo reflector, 50 mm Galileo Scope refractor, Orion 80mm Short Tube Refractor, Tasco 50mm refractor, 2 Meade 70mm refractors, 8" Zumell Dobsonian,  80mm Meade Refractor, 6 60mm National Geographic refractors, 60mm DIY refractor, 50mm DIY Short Tube refractor. All rescued from Craigslist, estate sales, garage sales or Ebay or Surplus Shed. My wife wants me to weed out my collection, but I need to make some eyepieces out of the binocular eyepieces and objectives I have salvaged from damaged binoculars. Not all the scopes had eyepieces when I bought them which was why I was able to buy them cheap.

What kind do you have?
Carl (Buz) McCullough