Hey Camera (Film?) Folks.. A string of questions

Frank Kallal

Apr 30, 2013, 1:27:44 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for a Camera Mount Tripod style Mount that will mount to a Mic stand.  Similar to the GoPro Bike mount (http://goo.gl/O8YiI)  but with the standard Tripod style Screw mount.  Specifically to fit this Camera(http://goo.gl/r8c0t)  But I'm having issues finding anything that fits..

The Concept  is we are streaming Games using the Above mentioned camera.  Currently we are using DuckTape liberally to attach them to the Mike stands.  The Mic stands provide a very stead base and an easy way to Manage the Wiring.  The Set up works pretty well, but we are looking to Clean it up and look more Professional.

We are slowing getting better at this, so i'll take any helpfull hints as well :)

The Rig before the Mic stands : http://goo.gl/tlSwV
The Rig after getting a Couple Stands : http://goo.gl/0yR1d

we have since upgraded all Cameras to the C920, and added a third Mic stand.

Keith Rogers

Apr 30, 2013, 1:40:29 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
like this?

Andrew Beals

Apr 30, 2013, 1:48:53 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It's a very flexible mount and it does well holding his little video camera (a Kodak sport something) to his bike.

Frank Kallal

Apr 30, 2013, 2:37:30 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow, great options.. Keith wins as I'm a Prime member and it ships for Free,  But the Other one looks like it's very flexible and i'll be getting one of those too.

Frank Kallal

Apr 30, 2013, 3:23:03 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok new thing..

So as you can see from the Images we are broadcasting a Card game.  Those cards have Clear Plastic Sleeves on them.  Unfortunately standard Florescent Lighting causes massive Glare on the Card sleeves.  In other Instances where folks do this sorta thing they have a Large "tent like stage" where they can control the lighting completely.

Can we use additional Lighting attached to the Mic Stands or standalone to provide better light, or better angled light or something like that?  I'm not sure i'm making sense, but if needed i can provide Video examples of the glare.

fk

Gfetters

Apr 30, 2013, 3:39:35 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We might be able to print you something.

Sent from my iPad

Hroller McKnutt

Apr 30, 2013, 4:16:58 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Frank Kallal <fr...@kallal.net> wrote:
> Ok new thing..
>
> Can we use additional Lighting attached to the Mic Stands or standalone to
> provide better light, or better angled light or something like that? I'm
> not sure i'm making sense, but if needed i can provide Video examples of the
> glare.

Look into a polarizing filter.

Mike
--
Nullo edactore ligni, consilium cedet. - Countess Magda

Keith Rogers

Apr 30, 2013, 4:23:01 PM4/30/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I'd try a polarizer. If you have any of those 3D glasses from the theater, could be a budget solution.

John Reskusich

May 1, 2013, 3:13:17 AM5/1/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Polarizer...

Frank Kallal

May 1, 2013, 10:48:51 AM5/1/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately in using the Webcams I don't have easy access to just Screw a Polerizer on :)  but I have ordered some Sheets of Polerizer "film" and I'll Fabricate a mounting with the Laser cutter.  In the Long run I'll likely be looking to Print something using a 3d printer.

Keith Rogers

May 1, 2013, 11:20:00 AM5/1/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Assuming the polarizer works, you might get away with small cutouts of filter film and a tape.  Good luck!

Frank Kallal

May 24, 2013, 4:22:17 PM5/24/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

New Question... :)

a Good (or passable) video editing software, that i could use to string together pre-recorded Clips?

Thank you in advance

Fk

Andrew Beals

May 24, 2013, 4:26:46 PM5/24/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just to string them together: ffmpeg on your linux box. ;)

Keith Rogers

May 24, 2013, 4:48:55 PM5/24/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you have a mac, iMovie is super simple to figure out and can easily string clips together via drag n drop.  If I remember right, apple made iMovie HD 6 free to download because of how stripped down the new version was.

John Reskusich

May 24, 2013, 5:21:20 PM5/24/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Microsoft movie maker on windows....