I'm moving to St. Louis this summer and bringing a "science on wheels" bus; a converted school bus that is a mini hands-on museum (www.phyicsbus.org and www.phyicsfactory.org).

John Perkins

May 22, 2017, 1:45:30 PM5/22/17
to Arch Reactor
Hi.

The Physics Factory incorporated in 2005 and has seen over 140,000 children since our inception. For many years we did dramatic demonstrations for kids around the Southwest as well as taking the bus to Canada, the Mexican border, New York and the West Coast. We've also run summer camps for the last 6 summers, teaching welding, plasma cutting, woodworking, robotics and electronics.

I don't profess to know much about any of these things, so I surround myself with people like you, and that seems to work. I have an "essential" understanding of Physics, but my interest lies in imparting my passion for the physical sciences to kids who don't have access to it--and most kids below middle school have no access to it at all.

So I would love to be a part of your organization if you think I could be of value to you. My goal in Tucson, my soon to be erstwhile home, has been either working independently or affiliating with schools, Boys and Girls' Clubs, et.

My background started as pre-med, but I ended up going to grad school in education.

I plan to bring as much as I can to STL from the amalgam of things I've collected over the years, and would be happy to donate a certain amount to Arch Reactor for educational (and some recreational purposes, as long as you can assure me that it will be used hazardously among adults). I seem to have collected a lot of wheelchair motors, which, when connected to a Dimension Engineering Sabertooth motor controller (and optionally an Arduino or RC) can make quite amusing robots, as I expect you know. I have other arcane things which I can't bring myself to part with, and would be happy to see used, as well.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Kip Perkins, Director
Science on Wheels
The Physics Bus (West)
Liquid nitrogen and condensation.jpg
flame tornado.jpg
Propane soap bubbles.jpg
Scrap metal, a little welding, a VW wheel bearing.jpg
The Hovercraft.jpg
Erik flame tube.jpg

Frank Kallal

May 22, 2017, 2:27:01 PM5/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
how very neat :)  welcome to the area.

mmir...@hazelwoodschools.org

May 22, 2017, 3:00:35 PM5/22/17
to Arch Reactor
Hi Kip,

You sound like our kind of people! I would welcome you to come down and check out our Space. We can get you signed up as a member. I was talking to some other people about making a HackBus as a project for the Space. Sounds like you beat me to it.

I look forward to meeting you.

-Morgan
Director of Public Relations

Nathan Schrenk

May 22, 2017, 3:31:39 PM5/22/17
to Arch Reactor
John,

I look forward to meeting you, and your creations. I think you'll fit in well at Arch Reactor. :-)

Nathan

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 12:45 PM, John Perkins <kip.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

John Perkins

May 22, 2017, 4:19:06 PM5/22/17
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Frank.

Kip

Kip Perkins   President, Physics Factory Educational Tools
photo Phone: (520) 820-2474
Email: k...@physicsfactory.org
Website: www.physicsfactory.org
Mailing address: 3955 E. Guaymas Pl. Tucson, AZ 85711

John Perkins