When you are the last one out: Turn down or turn off the gas heater.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 18, 2013, 5:32:40 AM2/18/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
When you are the last one out: Turn down or turn off the gas heater.

Upon my arrival at the space on Sunday, I was greeted by a heat as I walked in.  The heater had been left on full blast at level 5.  Not only is this a waste of money on our gas bill, but it is dangerous to run it at that level with nobody there.

Please, when you are the last one out: Turn down or turn off the gas heater.  Level 1 is probably good enough to maintain the space unless we get a deep freeze.

Also, there is a new (to us anyway) electric heater near the far wall of the work area.  It was re-routed from a trip to the landfill and has been repaired.  It's portable, so feel free to move it to the area you are working in to help warm the space.

Please turn it off and unplug it before you leave, if it was in use.

John Reskusich

Feb 20, 2013, 5:52:49 AM2/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think the policy is 2-3 when not in the space. I am sure somebody
will correct me if I am incorrect....

John

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Feb 20, 2013, 2:27:27 PM2/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That seems excessive and would be far warmer than it needs to be without anyone in present.  The afternoon sun heats the space up pretty well right now through the west facing windows.  If a sustained deep freeze of epic proportions were to occur, Deech could step in and turn the heat up to 2.  It would be within his best interest, seeing as how his water pipes are in our ceiling. ;)

Andrew Ricke

Feb 20, 2013, 2:40:39 PM2/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Add a thermo to the "space switch" to alert when too cold?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/arch-reactor/-/idAr4LMZWeMJ.

Steve Rutter

Feb 20, 2013, 5:28:09 PM2/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a good idea.

ROB K

Feb 20, 2013, 6:49:53 PM2/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Reminds me I have a old thermostat. Good to space first.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/arch-reactor/-/idAr4LMZWeMJ.