Experience with Click PLC and Ignition to build a prototype product for dogs?

saramk...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2021, 4:55:55 PM3/12/21
to Arch Reactor

I'm working with a small team here in STL on an innovative dog device. We have initial CAD drawings of the device and need help with the programming of the PLC and choosing sensors and valves. Is anyone here interested or might know someone who would be interested? Someone we spoke to recently recommended Click PLC and Ignition, but we're not tied to using those...  Thanks so much!

Arch Reactor, Sergeant At Arms

Mar 13, 2021, 11:22:56 AM3/13/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Is this to be a device worn on a dog?  How many digital and analog I/O points do you need?

Craig

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 3:55 PM <saramk...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm working with a small team here in STL on an innovative dog device. We have initial CAD drawings of the device and need help with the programming of the PLC and choosing sensors and valves. Is anyone here interested or might know someone who would be interested? Someone we spoke to recently recommended Click PLC and Ignition, but we're not tied to using those...  Thanks so much!

David Corley

Mar 13, 2021, 12:18:52 PM3/13/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in speaking to you about this.  Give me a call.  314 974-0176.

David Corley

Brad Tissi

Mar 14, 2021, 12:46:29 AM3/14/21
to Arch Reactor
I can't say that I've ever seen a Click PLC in the field, but unless you've got a large budget, I wouldn't recommend Allen Bradley due to it's licensing costs/mark up/etc despite being the dominating brand in the US.

I'll echo Craig's question of how much I/O do you need? You may be able to get away with a couple "smart" relay type systems instead of a full PLC.