CNC 24in Acrylic

Kazuya Darklight

Feb 7, 2022, 1:52:52 PM2/7/22
to Arch Reactor
I did check the equipment list, but incase its out of date or someone has some ideas.

I'm building a Rat Rig V-Core 3 (400x400 Build) and want to enclose it with acrylic panels. DFX/STEP files here  V-core-3/cad/panels at main · Rat-Rig/V-core-3 · GitHub but largest dimension looks to be 24in. Does Arch reactor have something that could cut these reliably?

Acknowledgement that I'm not currently a member, but would be happy to pay/donate.

Derek Sigler

Feb 7, 2022, 2:46:36 PM2/7/22
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes.  The bed of the large laser is 3'x4'.  This Tuesday evening is "Laser Cutter Class" @ 7:00 if your interested.

Kazuya Darklight

Feb 7, 2022, 4:50:05 PM2/7/22
to Arch Reactor
Such timing! I'll see if I can make it out. Thanks!

Kazuya Darklight

Feb 8, 2022, 1:27:48 PM2/8/22
to Arch Reactor
Planning on coming tonight, I don't see a way to register for the event or anything like that.  Is that accurate?

Frank Kallal

Feb 8, 2022, 1:33:13 PM2/8/22
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
yes, it's an Open to all sorta thing.  Feel free to just show up and introduce yourself.

there is a meet-up event set up for it here if you would like to mark yourself as attending

https://www.meetup.com/Arch-Reactor-Hackerspace/events/283788651/

Frank