Any interest in chopped carbon fiber?

Robert Kleeschulte

May 10, 2021, 4:42:46 PM5/10/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
In a few weeks we will be doing a test at work with chopped carbon fiber. Customer does not want it back after the test. Any interest for space or personal use?  Would be more than enough to do some projects with.

I may try this project with it later.

Director Of Public Relations

May 10, 2021, 4:50:38 PM5/10/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Holy Moly!  Yes please!

Please keep in mind to wear respirators when shaping or working with this material as well as it is such a hard material that you will need to probably be ready to buy back up band saw blades, and you should only work with brand new drill bits and consider them spent after just a few turns.  Or at least this is what I was warned about.

Robert, I would love to have as much as you can spare…let me know if you need help getting it to the space or anything.

Thanks,
Kim

Robert Kleeschulte

May 10, 2021, 4:58:34 PM5/10/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
True. It’s a little nasty with just with the small sample we got.

I forgot the picture. Chopped strands non woven maybe 1/2-3/4 long.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Robert Kleeschulte

Aug 20, 2021, 11:27:35 AM8/20/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Work is done with testing, so I have 2 half boxes. Maybe 30lbs of untainted material. And if there is interest maybe over 100 of material that went through the machine for testing.