Board Game Days

Merv F III

Oct 21, 2022, 1:08:29 PM10/21/22
to Arch Reactor
Good afternoon, we visited your booth at this past StLSC's First Friday, and you'd mentioned the Saturday Board Game Day. We wanted to know more about that as we're interested in checking it out sometime. What frequency do they occur? When is the next one? Do people bring their own board games to share or are there games there? Thanks!

Frank Kallal

Oct 21, 2022, 1:35:56 PM10/21/22
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey thanks for reaching out. My name is Frank and I host the event. It was probably me that talked about it as well at the science center :)

General information :
--> event Runs monthly.  "Normally" on the last saturday of the month.  However, that can change on my availability to be there :)
-------> I have kids and the Final Saturdays of OCT/NOV/DEC are all family holidays, so I push to the First Sat of the Month those months.
-------> The next two scheduled dates are NOV 5th and DEC 3rd.
-------> they are always listed on the AR Calendar here : https://archreactor.org/calendar
-------> on occasion I have pushed to a sunday or other day, but it's always on the calendar, and I generally announce the next date during the current one.
--> Event runs from Noon to Midnight.
--> Event is free
-------> I bring Food and drink and ask 10$/5$ (adults/kids) for food/drink all day
-------> There is a fridge available and several area places to get food if you wanna not worry about that cost.
--> many people bring games, so you don't have to bring anything, however if there is a specific game you wanna get to the table you are welcome to bring whatever.
-------> there is a (very) small library of games at the space as well for general use.

We have between 5 and 25 people :)
There are a core of 10ish people that come most months, and then we have a bunch of folks that float in and out as time permits.

Other Notes:
FB -->  https://fb.me/e/5fxlKbhRI
Meet-up --> https://www.meetup.com/arch-reactor-hackerspace/events/289257066