Printers - up for grabs

jcco...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2018, 2:44:02 PM12/27/18
to Arch Reactor
Would Arch Reactor like a few old printers? I'd love to find a re-use home for them, otherwise they are heading to an upcoming electronics recycling fair. Thanks!

Chris Weiss

Dec 27, 2018, 3:11:30 PM12/27/18
to Arch Reactor
we have a good low-end color laser and a good black and white high end
multi-function. unless what you have is somehow better, 90% chance
we'd just recycle them anyway.

but if someone wants them for parts, AR is a good place to make a drop
and pick up. just if they hang around, they're going to the
scrappers.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Dec 31, 2018, 8:04:05 AM12/31/18
to Arch Reactor
I'm not in favor of encouraging anyone to drop off used printers (or other electronic devices) at Arch Reactor unless they have another person lined up to claim said electronics. Otherwise, another member eventually ends up having to recycle those items in place of the person who dropped them off. I love that their is an interest in being green and repurposing/recycling if possible, but past experience has shown Arch Reactor ending up as a dumping ground for old electronics that quickly adds more clutter to our space.
If you find a willing member to accept your used items, please label it with their name when you drop it off or meet them in person.