Glue Gun Recommendation?

Kurtois

Jul 6, 2012, 4:51:21 PM7/6/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I saw someone on MAKE suggesting a Black and Decker Glue Gun.  It is out of production.  Anyone have other suggestions?

I want to use the gun primarily for electronic projects.

EschewObfuscation

Jul 6, 2012, 9:45:33 PM7/6/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
IMO any generic chinasport glue gun will do. Don't spend more than around $5-7; more spent doesn't ensure any better performance or reliability. You'll probably spend, over time, more for the glue than the gun. Keep an eye out at garage sales or goodwill for a spare, then you'll be all set.

GeekTinker

Jul 7, 2012, 4:15:05 AM7/7/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've used a glue gun quite a bit for building miniature diorama scenery.  You'll want to look for one that has dual settings low and high.  Those are usually made more durably and allow you to use both types of glue.

Keith Rogers

Jul 7, 2012, 5:14:29 AM7/7/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
If you want the Cadillac ...

Is awesome.

On Jul 6, 2012, at 1:51 PM, Kurtois <foru...@gmail.com> wrote:

I saw someone on MAKE suggesting a Black and Decker Glue Gun.  It is out of production.  Anyone have other suggestions?

I want to use the gun primarily for electronic projects.

Kurtois

Aug 10, 2012, 5:27:07 PM8/10/12
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Just a thanks to everyone who responded.  I appreciate your input very much.