Lockers available for purchase

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Oct 3, 2013, 7:06:04 PM10/3/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I found these lockers for sale on the Maryville IL Swap n Sell site for Facebook.

I thought members here might be interested in them for themselves or perhaps we could form a group purchase in order to put them in our space.  The price they are asking seems a bit high to me, but they have been listed for some time (9/23) with little interest, we could make an offer for less.

I could also suggest that they donate them to our charitable organization for the tax write off.

Here is the post:
Each cabinet has 6 lockers in it. I have two cabinets for sale. Asking $200 per cabinet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iy9toq3japuicv/lockersforsale.jpg

Gene J

nfolken

Oct 4, 2013, 12:47:43 PM10/4/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I haven't heard anyone asking for lockable storage, but some people might appreciate it for certain valuables. Not sure if want to pay that much for them, or if they are the best shape for what we would use them for.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Oct 5, 2013, 8:11:09 PM10/5/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I figured that we could make a low ball offer or try to get them as a charitable donation if there was any interest.  We already have some storage lockers by the refrigerator that are being used for storage of various items. Lockable storage might be a path we could go down in the future, even if it is temporarily available to members.  It looked like something the members here might be interested in having, either at the space or at their homes.  If I had a garage, I'd be tempted to purchase them for myself.

Gene J. (GeekTinker)

Oct 8, 2013, 10:23:51 AM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
It's been up for over 2 weeks. I think if we offered $100 per cabinet, she would take it. I'm willing to contribute $50 towards that cost for the space. Any others interested in helping out?

Niels, if we raise the funds and she agrees to that price, would we have a place for them at the space?

Gene

Travis Megee

Oct 8, 2013, 11:17:09 AM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My main question:

Are we utilizing the current lockers enough to need/justify more?

Travis

Ryan/baslisks

Oct 8, 2013, 11:22:13 AM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think they are currently host to our lost and found, broken nerf guns, cleaning supplies, and glow sticks.

nfolken

Oct 8, 2013, 11:58:43 AM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
We are not currently utilizing the lockers we have, nor has anyone ever asked me to have or use them for securing anything. Personally I think they are awkwardly shaped for putting anything in except books and a jacket. (though I wonder if we could turn them all sideways...)

Now I'm not totally against it. If we can put together a nice wall of lockers and sell it as a perk of membership (one for each member) I would give the go-a-head, but I'm not so enthralled with the idea that I'll throw a couple hundred dollars behind it. We can take a look tonight to see if there is anywhere we could create such a setup and talk about it further.

George Fetters

Oct 8, 2013, 12:34:12 PM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you can look at past use an an indication of the future.  I was told we were to keep all our stuff in our box space.  It would be good to have a place you can lock so you can leave stuff for other members of you are passing things that need to be secure like adafruit orders and electronics.  That  being said maybe we can repurpose the existing lockers.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM, nfolken <niels...@gmail.com> wrote:
We are not currently utilizing the lockers we have, nor has anyone ever asked me to have or use them for securing anything. Personally I think they are awkwardly shaped for putting anything in except books and a jacket. (though I wonder if we could turn them all sideways...)

Now I'm not totally against it. If we can put together a nice wall of lockers and sell it as a perk of membership (one for each member) I would give the go-a-head, but I'm not so enthralled with the idea that I'll throw a couple hundred dollars behind it. We can take a look tonight to see if there is anywhere we could create such a setup and talk about it further.

Ryan/baslisks

Oct 8, 2013, 12:49:24 PM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I could theoretically store what I want in a locker. I do not know where we would store a locker set up that could accommodate member storage though.

Chris Weiss

Oct 8, 2013, 1:01:09 PM10/8/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Chris Weiss

Oct 9, 2013, 9:00:50 AM10/9/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Frank Kallal

Oct 9, 2013, 9:41:22 AM10/9/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I think I could get Behind the Square ones in this Picture...

Frank