Nov. First Friday - Star Trek 11/05 5-9pm

Frank Kallal

Oct 21, 2021, 2:42:14 AM10/21/21
to Arch Reactor
<Volunteers Needed>

All,
It's that time again and the Science Center is hosting the November First Friday on the 5th. and they are Featuring Star Trek for the month of Nov.

This time around I'm playing the part of Organizer for our table there and we looking for a few others to join me.   Ideally I would  like at least 4 others to come out and help out at the table that night so breaks are an option.   We have alot of new members so FYI these hours will count towards your Volunteer hours requirements as part of your membership agreement.

I will haul over our display cart, we will show a few projects and let people know of us, our facility and upcoming events.  It's an easy job for your time you just hang out and talk about Arch Reactor.

Post here or message me directly if you can help out.

Thanks
Frank

Frank Kallal

Oct 21, 2021, 2:49:34 AM10/21/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
.

Jonathan H

Oct 21, 2021, 11:12:18 AM10/21/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
My avatar notwithstanding, I know next to nothing about Star Trek (dodges flying objects). But I'm willing to help staff the table on Nov. 5 to talk about Arch Reactor.
Jonathan H., supporting member

Frank Kallal

Oct 21, 2021, 2:52:07 PM10/21/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
great @Jonathan . happy to have you.  you will not need any Star Trek knowledge :)  It's mostly just a theme for visitors to dress up following if they like, crafters to make stuff themed, and for presenters on the stage downstairs to have a topic.

I'll be at the space alittle early to grab the box if you wanna help with that, or just being at the science center anytime after 5pm is great.

I did forget to mention it, but we do get free parking as presenters, So I'll be sending out a parking pass once I get it, that you'll need to show the gate guards.

Frank

Jonathan H

Oct 21, 2021, 2:59:01 PM10/21/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, Frank. I normally work until 5:00, so I might have to just meet you at the Science Center. But if I can get off a little earlier than usual, I'll help you load things up. I work at SLU, so I'm not very far away from the space.

Best,
Jonathan

Frank Kallal

Oct 29, 2021, 12:16:13 AM10/29/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Still looking for a person or 2.  I have 3 folks counting myself, but an extra person even just part of the time will make it so folks can easily take breaks and look around and enjoy the event themselves.

Let me know if you have some time. :)

For those that have already contacted me you'll receive a direct email with the Parking pass.  Make sure to print it out and have it in your windshield when you arrive.

Frank

Frank

XSFX2000

Oct 29, 2021, 12:21:44 AM10/29/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can be there- besides, I'm fixing the light bar for the table.

Chris Weiss

Oct 29, 2021, 8:39:41 AM10/29/21
to Arch Reactor
in the past, showing the parking pass on your phone has worked too

Jonathan H

Nov 5, 2021, 2:09:04 PM11/5/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
This event is still on for this evening, right? Should I be expecting an email containing a parking pass?
Jonathan

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 7:39 AM Chris Weiss <cwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
in the past, showing the parking pass on your phone has worked too

Frank Kallal

Nov 6, 2021, 4:02:26 AM11/6/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
@Jonathan,

I'm sorry I thought I had gotten everyone.  I didn't see this until just now.

i"m bad with names, were you one of the two new folks we had there tonight?  and if so did you get in without paying parking?

Frank

Jonathan H

Nov 6, 2021, 6:29:23 PM11/6/21
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
Frank,
Yes, I was one of the new people - the tall, skinny, middle-aged guy in the askSLU shirt. Not to worry about parking; I was able to park for free on Oakland, less than 100 yards away.

Best,
Jonathan

Frank Kallal

Nov 7, 2021, 3:56:29 AM11/7/21