Open House 4.0 --> April 6th 2013

Frank Kallal

Mar 7, 2013, 5:38:39 PM3/7/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com

Folks we are just a Month out form the open house 4.0  … In previous events we have had Demonstrations, discussions, and other neat ideas .. So it’s time to start Figuring out what you may want to do, what you may want to see, and get that info into this thread or over to our Social director Tony.

We are currently Putting together a list of places to push the information out to So if you have a place you thing we should post info please push it out here as well so that we can get some advertising done.

~fk

Chris Weiss

Mar 10, 2013, 6:58:02 PM3/10/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can certainly bring some stuffs, but I don't have anything to present

Ben West

Mar 12, 2013, 12:45:54 AM3/12/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I can present details on the new WasabiNet next-gen firmware I'm gradually working to deploy ...

- 802.11s layer 2 meshing
- WPA Encrypted meshing
- Derived from OpenWRT, so fully Open Source
- Neat possibilities for turning a mesh into an 'Internet of Things' via IPv6
- Allows obsolete 802.11g and newer 802.11n radios to mesh together, so that node upgrades can be done in piecemeal

--
Ben West

John Reskusich

Mar 12, 2013, 2:42:41 AM3/12/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
awesome.

HoyeBoye

Mar 20, 2013, 11:12:00 PM3/20/13
to arch-r...@googlegroups.com
I've made good progress on PacMan Rev 1, so I can have it set-up for the open-house.

Also, can you post a flier or handbill for the event? I'll print them and pass them out in my engineering classes.

-Ryan